Hit a curb! PICS INSIDE HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Alright, so I'm trying to do the repairs my self, basically I was turning into my complex and slammed into my curb going about 15 mph, but it did some significant damage, I took pictures because I don't know what to look for, please help!

prob1.jpg

prob2.jpg

prob3.jpg

prob4.jpg

prob5.jpg

prob6.jpg

prob7.jpg

prob8.jpg

prob9.jpg

prob10.jpg

such is the power of AWD.

not to be a dick, but the build quality on those subarus sucks... i can run over various amounts of things without breaking anything :)

I slammed into a curb, i didnt run it over

also if you notice the wheel is no longer in the center of the wheel well, I was thinking bent lca?

Quoted post[/post]]
I slammed into a curb, i didnt run it over

also if you notice the wheel is no longer in the center of the wheel well, I was thinking bent lca?

more than likely bent LCA, possibly bent tie-rod.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
such is the power of AWD.

not to be a dick, but the build quality on those subarus sucks... i can run over various amounts of things without breaking anything :)

LMFAO.

Right.

That mirage's build quality is EXCELLENT. ///sarcasm.

not implying that it is, but a car of that stature should be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

the mirage is tough because everything but the body and motor is like new, and its been strengthened.

probfound.jpg

okay so I took the wheel off and found what the arrow is pointing to is bent,this is my LCA right? If I replace this I should be good and everything be back to normal except my alignment..

Lets be realistic here, the mirage's build quality from the factory is shit. It can be strengthened but so can all cars.

The WRX isn't a rally car, its a take off of a rally car and thus it doesn't have all the capabilities or performance of a rally car. We'll never see an actual rally car because it will never be legal or if it is, it won't be logical for most.

You bang your suspension into a curb and you have to believe something is going to break, thats just the way it is - our cars don't have super strong axles or control arms or anything really beefier than the general econo car.

So no a car of this "stature" should not be able to do that by leaps and bounds - its a $25,000 car. Its still an economy car, price just over a typical civic, and not a racecar.

yup your lca is bent....replace it and when trying to hook everything back up to the new one you will find out if youve bent anything else

bring it to a few front end shops and see what they say should be replaced. get some estimates and what parts they say are fucked just replace.

Quoted post[/post]]
yup your lca is bent....replace it and when trying to hook everything back up to the new one you will find out if youve bent anything else

pull off the other wheel, you have a mirror image to compare everything to. The LCA looks bent, but also check the points where it attatches to the body. Thats where the big expensive damage usually occours when you eat curb.

And I would like to contend that a WRX is the most capable factory rally car out there. No, you arent going to go win a world title with it, but its the most capable of factory vehicles.

so how hard is it to do this myself, what tools are required? how long can I expect to be fixing this?

1/2" drive ratchet
some 6 point sockets (1/2" drive)
a 3/8" ratchet set
a pair of needle nose pliers (for the ball joint cotter pin)
ball joint fork - it'll make life much easier

even if you've never taken one off before, you should be able to easily do it in one day during daylight hours (experienced person could have the old one off and the new one on in an hour).

biggest problem you could run into:
the ball joint breaks free and spins before you get the nut off...its a newer car, so you shouldn't run into this, but its a possibility

Quoted post[/post]]
Lets be realistic here, the mirage's build quality from the factory is shit. It can be strengthened but so can all cars.

The WRX isn't a rally car, its a take off of a rally car and thus it doesn't have all the capabilities or performance of a rally car. We'll never see an actual rally car because it will never be legal or if it is, it won't be logical for most.

You bang your suspension into a curb and you have to believe something is going to break, thats just the way it is - our cars don't have super strong axles or control arms or anything really beefier than the general econo car.

So no a car of this "stature" should not be able to do that by leaps and bounds - its a $25,000 car. Its still an economy car, price just over a typical civic, and not a racecar.

well, im doing 4g63 and hopefully AWD (if the walcott importer can get me a drivetrain), and my car will neither be an EVO or a rally car. it sure as fuck takes a hard beating everyday. ive run over a decent amount of stuff fucking around in parking lots.

and idk.... ive worked on a few WRX's... my suspension is actually beefier stock for stock. plus all 93+ F5M21/F5M22 tranny code mirage's come with a cheezy factory LSD. its cheap, but works to some extent. none of the 4spd 4g's had it or the autos.

you should see the autox lot we use. some of the dips and potholes are deep enough to be curb material. we had a focus break a rear lca this season. cant understand how that even happened. the driver is skilled and her car is built up like a tank.

are the rear spindles/carrier the same as an Eclipse?

I'm sure the driveshaft is different...but that other stuff shouldn't be too hard to get...?

Quoted post[/post]]
are the rear spindles/carrier the same as an Eclipse?

I'm sure the driveshaft is different...but that other stuff shouldn't be too hard to get...?

nope. the gsx rear is ~3in wider. the driveshaft has to be shortened ~1in. other than that, just weld up the evo trunk inner (which is the same as the coupe) and put in the gas tank and call it a day. the rest bolts up. they are also 4 bolt :p

I practicly gave away my old laser...

bad motor (dropped valve)

good 5 speed tranny/4 bolt rearend/everything else

$400

i paid 300 for my talon with a good running motor.

Back