Hit a deer tonight!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotord16rex

Ok so I was on the way home and I just clocked a deer. I was going about 45 mph and that bastard jumped right out in front of me. I hit him dead on and he goes flipping over the front of the car. At this point I begin to feel like shit. I didn't pull over and look at the damage because I just didn't want to see it. I get home and look at the front of the car. I couldn't see anything because it was dark so I turned on the outside light. I look at the car expecting the front end to be smashed, but to my surprise there was no damage! No dents, no scratches, only some deer hair. I can't believe it didn't destroy the front end of the CRX. I mean I hit that deer really hard. Way to go CRX! I would post pics, but it would just be a CRX with some deer hair on it...LOL :p

I hit a deer carcass in my first gen, and I had a bent up lower radiator support. No body damage. CRXs are actually pretty tough.

Next time you hit anything, you have to look. What if you knocked your oil pan off or something ?

Quoted post[/post]]
I hit a deer carcass in my first gen, and I had a bent up lower radiator support. No body damage. CRXs are actually pretty tough.

Next time you hit anything, you have to look. What if you knocked your oil pan off or something ?

Yeah I just couldn't get myself to look at it. I checked the car out thoroughly though and everything was fine. I checked the radiator and it didnt have any damage. If something had hit the undercarriage of my car I would definitely check the oil pan, but since I hit him dead on center I just figured my front end was fucked.

You are very lucky. When I hit a deer in my CRX @ 70mph it totaled my car. Thats just from the deer damage, I didn't hit anything else or even swerve. Even when I hit a deer in my jeep @ 55mph it destroyed the grill, radiator, all the L side lights, and even bent the thick ass bumper.

Glad you made it out okay! Now there is a deer suffering with a broken back dying a very slow and painfull death. I clipped a rabbit once and had to break his neck it was trying to crawl away with its front two paws :cry:

feel lucky as hell. my friend hit a cat in his rsx. it broke the bumper he had put on earlier that day

I did a rabbit too, ripped half my ricer blitz bumper off. I was pretty pissed when it happened but when i look back, maybe it was a sign :shrug2: .

A sign, indeed.

Although, with that bumper the rabbit should have made you run off the road and hit a tree head on.

You left good deer mean on the side of the road?!

*edit: Seriously though, glad to see you got out of it okay :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
You left good deer mean on the side of the road?!

*edit: Seriously though, glad to see you got out of it okay :laugh:

LOL... I think that he ran off in the woods after I hit him. Deer can usually run a good 100-300 feet after being mortally wounded. My wife's dad hunts and he says that sometimes you can hit one right in the heart with a .308 and it will still run about 100 ft.

Not if you broke all its legs.... Then maybe another car behind you got to hit a deer speedbump.

Back