hitting the rev limiter at 5500 rpm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sko0terMan

My friend brought me a 95 hatch with a b16b swap. The issue he is having is with the jdm b16b computer it hits the rev limiter at 5500 rpms. He is using a a jumper harness for his dizzy and his computer (obd2 to obd1). There are no stored codes in the ecu. I have checked the functionality of the tps and it is working. I also checked the voltages at the ecu for the tps. Checked the resistance in wire harness for most sensors (from sensors to ecu). Found no opens or shorts. Checked all grounds, no corrosion or not loose. Anyone have any ideas what else could be causing the rev limiter to hit at 5500 rpm?

Maybe try a different dist.

swapped the obd2 dizzy to a obd1 dizzy eliminated the jumper harness for the dizzy and still does the same thing. From what my buddy told me is this engine was running before they did the swap. Timing is not off either. set it to tdc and checked all the alignment marks. Still hits rev limiter at 5500

Stock Type R ECU is OBDII and you have an OBDI car. Make sure they did a legit OBDII swap cause theres lots of bullshit to deal with when doing that conversion. Whats the # on the ECU too.

Last edited:
I decided to try a unchipped p30 ecu and it fixed the problem. No more rev limiter. The type r ecu that he has was coded pct

Yeah I asked if it was chipped cause when I put a chip in my P06 it did the same thing, so I took the chip out and it still did it, then took the decoder chip out and it stopped. Some guy on ebay said it would work fine in my ecu. Come to find out it was for a P30, that's vtec right? And I had a D15b7 witch is non vtec. Just thought I would say been there!

Back