hitting things in crxs....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

yeah so i ran up a 5-6 inch curb sliding around a parking lot. defroster not functioning, limited visibility, absolute vodka....nonetheless blew the left front and back tires...what kind of damage can i expect to have to fix here. i have my summer rims and i've put them on in the meantime. doesn't look to be any contact with anything on the right side, any exhaust stuff, shift linkage or anything midway. felt the oilpan and didn't have any extra irregularities so i don't think it smacked the engine. not leaking antifreeze yet (crossing fingers). only thing that might look weird is a bushing looks wet....bizarre only b/c everythign around it is dry. but fuck bushings anyway i'm talking critical shit. don't think i blew a strut and i'm running stock si suspension all the way through. stock d16a6 motor was idling kinda funky but i did drive also it home with 15"s on the left and 14" stock rims on the right side. any feedback, similar stories, whatever are welcome. just curious if anyone else has had some wintertime problems and/or solutions as well.

You could have bent pretty much anything attached to the wheels on in toward the unibody structure of the car. Start at the wheel hub and work your way in when you start looking for damage.

Bushings are VERY important. Maybe you cracked the outer housing of one and it's leaking lubricant or something.

Don't drink and drive. :angry:

i didn't start out driving.....my buddy drove and i let him drift around a snowy parking lot....i decided it was too fun and i drifted around it a bit....hit the curb going like 8-10 mph.....didn't ever leave 2nd gear. i bought this car to kill it. just trying to figure out what i may have done....i'm thinking tires, alignment, front left control arm. bam....easy. i have an extra d16a6 in my garage, just need a reason to swap. right now my third gear grinds so i have to punctuate every shift to third. so like i said i want to swap but need a more significant reason to really do it. my tires were getting bald....might have been a sign or something b/c i only get 8k out of tires max and they were getting to where i noticed traction loss. i would have tried to make it to march on them and probably died if i kept them that long. i had my other tires and rims in pretty good condition they're just not great in the snow. sorry to make everyone think i drink and drive in normal circumstances, i didn't even drive to where i hit the little embankment.

the funniest part was changing tires drunk in the snow.....i had my one buddy go grab two of my other rims....mind you the jack he brings does not go low enough. i have stock si suspension both left tires blown. i poise the jack and have the biggest guy push my car from the left side enough to get it on.

your an idiot, why you think driving drunk is funny is beyond me and destroying a perfectly good crx for fun just pisses me off since they are the best cars in the world, if you dont want it shit give it to me.

if i wanted a car i wanted to not be afraid of hitting shopping carts or garbage cans every now and again i'd finance one....i love crxs to death and i will fix it....i just love how they respond to me beating the crap out of them and how easy they are for me to fix. i've owned crxs for over 4 years and i'm only 21 so i've grown quite attached. i've owned 5 and i've made a profit on 3 of them after i've beat the shit out of them. but soon enough i'm going german. in the meantime it's nice to have a car with a duplicate engine and tranny at home, you drive it quite differently. i have the utmost respect for their ability to haul ass, but i'm all about keeping my car on the edge of breaking traction as often as possible. i live to kill tires (most usually not on curbs however).

Originally posted by ryangt@Dec 29 2004, 02:03 AM
your an idiot, why you think driving drunk is funny is beyond me and destroying a perfectly good crx for fun just pisses me off since they are the best cars in the world, if you dont want it shit give it to me.
[post=438527]Quoted post[/post]​

by the way your reply really helped me fix my car....i don't think it's your place to play mom. i wanted info on similar experience or how to fix the problem. if you don't want to provide helpful info pm me with your bullshit response. otherwise feel free to contribute. i don't think it was called www.hondaswapandryangtsmorals.com last time i checked.

thanks though, nice try.

i was dumb, car is hurt, help me or don't reply.....i have no problem fixing it on my own i was only looking for additional info regarding the problem if anyone cared to provide it

sorry dude you are a dumbass for even getting behind the wheel even if you only have one drink!!!!!!!!! its ass holes like you thinking that being stupid is way to much fun :angry: my father was killed by a drunk driver in 93 so i think you are a total dumbass and to bad the only thing leaking is a bushing :angry:

sorry for your loss, but thank you ONLY to calesta who found it possible to give me a decent response despite my bad judgement.

you get what you deserve.....what if you would've hit people instead of the curb... but i'm glad nothing happened...be carefull...ohh yeah YOUR A BITCH.....lol

right...all those people walking around the empty industrial steel mill parking lot xmas eve??? i find that doubtful, but wonderful feedback pudwack.

what if you hit one of your friends or a bum or someone on the way there smart guy .... anyway whats done is done at least your okay right?

remember you can go to jail for any reason these days

Originally posted by b18c5crxtasy@Dec 29 2004, 09:45 AM
sorry for your loss, but thank you ONLY to calesta who found it possible to give me a decent response despite my bad judgement.
[post=438600]Quoted post[/post]​

You're welcome. Seriously though, be careful out there. I won't lecture anybody online about stuff like this because I think it's pointless to preach morals to someone who you don't even know. I'd rather do it in person- after I've gotten to know the full situation and how the person is in day to day life.

Other than the response I gave you earlier though, there's really no way to tell what could be damaged. I blew out a tire on my CRX a year ago while driving on the highway and had to run it into a guardrail at 70mph to slow it down. It wasn't that hard of a lateral impact, but it was enough to break the LSD's gears inside the transmission without damaging any of the suspension components. Just be very thorough when you start checking the car for damage.

yo everyone is giving you shit about "drifting drunk" but i say right on becasue you said you didnt drive there and it was a parking lot. and im guessing it was at night(because thats when i go play ing the snow) so how would he have hit if anything. i am def not a fan of drunks or people that drive drunk but if your going to do it aleast do it safe. you guys should say hey yeah ur a dumb ass for d & d but hey at least you were in a parking lot and not on the street being a dick.

and next time you go out and play pick a bigger lot

as with phyre i certainly do not condone mixing alcohol and driving; however, i definately no more enjoy posts about morality on a car forum :angry:. i must apologize in advance because i have nothing to say in response to your technical question; i just felt compelled to add a reply if for no other reason than to help balance-out the dumbass lectures from our once helpful friends.
regardless of what actually transpired, you made it clear that the only individuals in danger were entirely willing (except perhaps your car), and so no accusation of callousness can be made.
sry for your ride and for the harrassment.

dosterschill

definitely needed to find a larger parking lot....

i got an alignment today (didn't do shit) and there is still noticeable shimmy anywhere above 40mph.
lots of vibration on the front left (where i hit). i was told i had bent the tierods on the right and the left but the right was only minor.

no damage on the right side really so i'm thinking that maybe the right side damage had been there for a while and i took it as misalignment. b/c if you only have one that's slightly bent i think it would wear tires but overall still be okay driving. the addition of the left side probably is what threw it out of whack.

but if tierods are fucked what else is likely? control arm? knuckles?

thanks for your help everyone

i sliced one open....didn't investigate the other. really not too much damage at all to the 88-91 stock si rims. scraped it a bit but i'm going to paint them before i slap new snow tires on.

shop wants 275 for left and right outer tie rods....i can get parts for 100 with all new washers and hardware from torrington honda online. how much is this 175 worth it for me to do it myself with normal tools? i know i will need an alignment afterward but that's not included in the 275 anyway.

Back