Hks Fluttering...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sv4000lb

i just install a The new hks and for some reason it flutter. tississsiss sound at low rpm 3000k and high rpm 6000k. and is not making the woosh sound. any suggestion to why? i have read on this and other forum stating that it is normal for hks but ive seen the same hks bov on other car making the sooosh sound. any help would be great. it idle vaccum at 20-22. While driving it seems like it is boosting when it is still below the 0. any help would be great. i have the vaccum line for the bov and wastegate to its own bigger vaccum and boost gauge on the smaller vaccum. it is on a b18.

is it a true hks or a ebay knockoff? the sound your desribing means the bov needs to be adjusted for your setup, the rubber plunger on the inside is not sealing up against the front. if its a knock off it will have a adjustment screew in the back to tighten the spring, if its a true hks you will need to replace the spring in the back with one with a psi rating for your setup

I can't understand what the hell is being said here.. But I'll give it my best shot.

You should have one line to the compressor housing of the turbo, and one line to the intake mani behind the TB. Then you need to adjust the spring, which requires the correct spring.

Either do that, or ditch it and get a Synapse, which requires no adjusting and is way more accurate than any HKS could ever hope to be.

thanks for helping out. sorry if i didn't make it clear and had you guys misread it, i will revise before i post. Yes, it is a true hks bov 1st gen, it is not the off brand style look alike ebay stuff.

I will give it a try in changing the spring, but it should be good it is new.

As far as the vacuum line, i dont understand why a vaccum line is needed to compressor housing. I did one vacuum line from the hks bov to the tb mani. and external wastegate to its own vaccum mani plug. but could it be because of the missing vacuum line to the compressor housing..?

In addition, i want to add this, i have my boost set at 10psi, i notice that while driving at 20mph in 2nd gear and slow steading the gas pedal to let boost creep in, the boost gauge would start boosting then a sudden drop in pressure. As mention in the previous post it feel like boost hit at-10 when it should start pass 0+. I am assuming that there is a leak somewhere.

Could it be a defected blow off valve? i will try re-tighting and checking all clamp to make sure it is tight.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! ANY OTHER SUGGESTION OR HELP WOULD BE GREATful. i hope this will help others also.

so you have your wastegate vac line running to the throttle body? thats to far of a vac line. on the compressor housing on your turbo there should be a little nipple, or at least ahole for one, get the correct fitting and run the vac line for your wastegate to that. O and fyi It sounds like your sudden drop in pressure is due to your wastegate opening to soon. I think its because of the length of the vac line to wastegate. not to mention taping the same vac line. A better and more suitable vac line is your brake booster line.

thanks for helping out. sorry if i didn't make it clear and had you guys misread it, i will revise before i post. Yes, it is a true hks bov 1st gen, it is not the off brand style look alike ebay stuff.

I will give it a try in changing the spring, but it should be good it is new.

As far as the vacuum line, i dont understand why a vaccum line is needed to compressor housing. I did one vacuum line from the hks bov to the tb mani. and external wastegate to its own vaccum mani plug. but could it be because of the missing vacuum line to the compressor housing..?

In addition, i want to add this, i have my boost set at 10psi, i notice that while driving at 20mph in 2nd gear and slow steading the gas pedal to let boost creep in, the boost gauge would start boosting then a sudden drop in pressure. As mention in the previous post it feel like boost hit at-10 when it should start pass 0+. I am assuming that there is a leak somewhere.

Could it be a defected blow off valve? i will try re-tighting and checking all clamp to make sure it is tight.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! ANY OTHER SUGGESTION OR HELP WOULD BE GREATful. i hope this will help others also.

You should have a nipple on the compressor housing. Put a line on that. "T" off of it, run one side to the BOV, and one side to the WG. Done.

update- i have tried connecting the vacuum line to the compressor housing and no luck. i also tryed another bov to see if it was the bov (greddy rs) and it still does the same thing

yes i am using a xs power manual boost controller. As of today, it feel like the turbo isn't spooling. While i am driving in 2nd gear giving it a lil punch on the gas i can see that the boost gauge see no boost. ive tried re tighting clamp/holes agian and still i feel no boost pressure. ( could it be a blown head gasket) causing it to not give the turbo any pressure.

take a pic of you engine bay showing the vac lines for your boost controller, wastegate, and blow off valve. Sounds like you have something switched

i have taken the picture but can upload it for some reason. boost controller is connected to the wastegate the vacuum line connected to the lower part of the wastegate and the other line connect to directly on top of the wastegate then all vacuum line connected to the brake booster vacuum. i have also tried taken the BOV apart to clean and lube it and still doesnt blow. still working on, uploading the image.

Last edited:
you cant upload photos to this site, you need to upload them to a photo hosting site like yourfilehost.com, mixpixshare.com, after uploaded you will see a link with that pic, click on the little pic of the mountain, in the reply box on here and put the http for the pic in there.

Back