HKS SSQ died......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Over the last week my HKS SSQ on my sube has started working worse and worse. It started acting funny with light throttle boosting then release, no blow off. I thought it might be some oilly gunk in the vac line, or an old vac line etc... I replaced the line to the BOV, seemed OK but changed it anyway. It actually pulled open when I changed it.

Took the car out, worked for a min then back to the same deal. No part throttle release and weak WOT release.

I took it off the car, took it all apart and cleaned it out. I couldnt get the stupid clip off of my mounting flange to get the top of the BOV off. There's 2 screws against the flange that you have to remove the bov from the flange to get to.

I reinstalled it after the partial cleaning and noticed it worked a bit better. Took the car that night out to philly. The BOV went from kinda working to a fucking block off plate LOL!! Turbo backspinning like a mofo! I dont care about the turbo since I just picked up a 20G but I want to use my HKS with the new turbo and FMIC.

Has anyone else had one stop working on them? Will fighting with the bov and flange to remove the top net any better results? Any help or insight is appreciated here :) I dont want to buy a new one since they are no longer adjustable, they use those different colored pieces for different sounds and tightness. Mine is the old style with adjuster right on the top.

LOL, I like your style!! :)

Which Txs bov is it? Does it come with a mount, or is it the same as the HKS? (dont know much about txs parts)

its the type s and its just the bov its self no flange

The one I have is the real deal. I bought it about 7 years ago LOL! There wasnt even ebay KO's back then IIRC. But I bought it from a shop, came in a HKS box, I would believe it to be the real deal.

I finally got the stupid clip off the flange and got the top off the bov. The spring hat was corroded to the lid but otherwise looked A OK. I cleaned it up, re assembled it, still no good....WTF!

Im going to check the vac line now to see if its actually getting vac. This is weird....

I finally got the stupid clip off the flange and got the top off the bov. The spring hat was corroded to the lid but otherwise looked A OK. I cleaned it up, re assembled it, still no good....WTF!

Im going to check the vac line now to see if its actually getting vac. This is weird....

you should go w/ the cheap "ssqv style" for the time being. i had one on my teg briefly. it was $50 shipped. itll work with your exsisting flange. its WAY adjustable--at one point, i had it adjusted so loose, it was venting @ atmospheric press!:D it sounds EXACTLY the same, and its honestly not a bad unit. as long as youre not running ridiculous boost, youll be suprised how well it works. and fuck it, its only $50!

Back