HKS Super Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

4 questions...

1. On ebay they are selling this GSR turbo kit for $575. I've never heard of HKS turbo kits before. Are they any good? link: HKS turbo

2. I have heard some people say the GSR engine isn't the best to turbo charge. Why exactly?

3. I've read that a stock GSR engine can handle a turbo safely if there is good fuel management. True? What would be the max psi for that setup?

4. Engine = 94 GSR with catback and intake. Would it be cheaper and/or more reliable to build my head (port/polish, valves, injectors, skunk IM, throttle body, cams, etc.), or install a Greddy turbo?

HKS is great.

HKS STYLE is not.

read what he's really selling- shit.

ssautochrome is garbage dude. everything listed in that auction is generic crap.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 23 2004, 12:04 AM
HKS is great.

HKS STYLE is not.

read what he's really selling- shit.

ssautochrome is garbage dude. everything listed in that auction is generic crap.
[post=420848]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? :hide:

do a search man.

SSautochrome are the manifolds that always crack. they are the same as spark racing, obx, etc etc... junk. yo're better off with a log manifold.
besides the manifold, the rest of ther parts are all garage too.

theres a REASON why its 500 bucks.

I guess I just needed to hear you say it. I wasn't planning on going out and buying the kit but I have checked it out and it seems OK to me. The manifold is TIG welded = good. The turbo is a garrett = good. Not sure on the wastegate but it all seemed ok even though everyone talks shit. I was just wondering why.

Destroyed garret turbo = $80
Bebuild Kit = $100
Chineese Labor to do the work = $.10/hr

Didn't know OBX had all their work done in China? They do. Well, TiAl says so anyway. They're pretty sore about OBX cheaply producing look-alike wastegates.

Back