Hmm, bout to buy a 240

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by driver1@Dec 8 2004, 05:14 AM
skyline gts motor rb25det
[post=428363]Quoted post[/post]​

translation - absolutely sick!!
if you have at least 10g's of course

that swap sucks- too much work and too much money for power that you could easily get with an sr20 which is a much easier swap, because it actually came in the car

true, unless you are going for all out power.... like 900rwhp... teh sr20 swap is easier, cheaper, and will suit your needs.

bah, the cost is pretty close to the same... you have torque down low, and it's a straight six. mmmmmmmm

not even close.

i priced it out.

it would cost me about 11k to put a STOCK rb25det into a 240 doing all the work myself.

it wouldnt be worth the doe. I would do an sr20 swap before that.

well the ka24 came in SOHC and DOHC variations, with the SOHC motor coming in the earlier cars

and lots of people have turboed the ka24, but the thing is, nissan didn't plan it to be turbo from the factory, so it won't handle quite as much boost as the sr20det, although people are making pretty impressive numbers on ka's

KAs are turbo MONSTERS if you work the head, and replace the pistons and rods. They'll take 15 PSI and laugh.

i must say that the engine in that altima was pretty strong, because i used to beat the fuck out of it all day everyday
kinda torquey too

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Dec 17 2004, 11:00 AM
well the ka24 came in SOHC and DOHC variations, with the SOHC motor coming in the earlier cars

and lots of people have turboed the ka24, but the thing is, nissan didn't plan it to be turbo from the factory, so it won't handle quite as much boost as the sr20det, although people are making pretty impressive numbers on ka's
[post=433650]Quoted post[/post]​

true that.

89-90 came in SOHC flavor, 91-92 in DOHC. the DOHC makes what? 5hp more? lol.

sabrina is going KA-T in a year or so (or so she thinks), 115k miles on her stock motor. she wants an LSD this coming summer in her 240sx. moreso for winter driving.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Dec 18 2004, 05:17 PM
sabrina is going KA-T in a year or so (or so she thinks), 115k miles on her stock motor. she wants an LSD this coming summer in her 240sx. moreso for winter driving.
[post=434229]Quoted post[/post]​

Brie had better be good to you this upcoming year. lol.

Back