hmm, oversteer.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok, I finally got the Audi back together. Still runs the same and drives the same, still has rear the inner camber wear.

Anyway, I finished it up yesterday and didn't really drive it until today. It defenitly needs an alignment but I get a shit load of oversteer now, a whole lot more then before, there really isn't any understeer. I dunno if it's because I finally replaced the worn parts or how I set the rear camber (I just threw it back together and was planning on getting an alignment today), I didn't do anything with the rear sway bar, just tightened it back up. These cars are notorious for understeer, so it's odd. The rear tires are garbage but they were shitty before I broke the axle and replaced the bearing and still had the car understeering.

But my point is, I can defenitly feel/see the oversteer. Comming into a hard turn at 40-45 I can actually put the car sideways with ease and still control it, it's more predictable and more reponsive on the highway but almost too much. I wasn't expecting it when I took the turn but the rear wheels slipped and I got it sideways on accident. I like it but the tire wear is probably going to be terrible the way it is now.

I have to go out to PA so I can get some new tires. I know this guy who owns a shop and can get me some new decent quality tires for under $150.

So what do you think is causing the oversteer?

The wheels being out of alignment?

Suggestions?

Well I'm going to get my new tires tomorrow, after that I'll get the alignment done.

At least it's in a driveable state, so I can't complain.

You must be running a lot of rear toe out, that will give you oversteer but brutal on your tires. More rear negative camber will actually make you understeer more because your rear outside tires will get more traction. Like everyone else said, an alignment will fix you right up. :)

Back