Hmm....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995EGGuy

I wanna swap a obd2 engine into my obd1 civic is there a obd1 to obd2 harness available for the ecus?

OBD 2a: 96-98
OBD 2b: 99-

The OBD 2b ecu will not hook up to a 96-98 harness... I tried...

What motor going into what car?
I got away without needing a conversion harness
for an obd2 b16 going into my obd1 civic using the obd2a GSR Harness. :cool:

I'm not more than 94% positive, but since the obd2 GSR harness breaks off at shock towers like the civic harness,it would be plug n play, except you will need an obd1 Ecu.
[edit]
After re-reading your first post, i guess you weren't asking about the engine harness anyways.
If you go Type R, and want to use the Type R ecu, you will need to use an obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.
If you go GSR, just get an obd1 GSR ecu.
Sorry I'm sleeping

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm not more than 94% positive, but since the obd2 GSR harness breaks off at shock towers like the civic harness,it would be plug n play, except you will need an obd1 Ecu.
[edit]
After re-reading your first post, i guess you weren't asking about the engine harness anyways.
If you go Type R, and want to use the Type R ecu, you will need to use an obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.
Sorry I'm sleeping
:yes:

i have an 01 JDM ITR engine in my 93 sol running off an OBD-1 ECU
no OBD conversion harnesses required

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
[edit]
Sorry I'm sleeping
:yes:

i have an 01 JDM ITR engine in my 93 sol running off an OBD-1 ECU
no OBD conversion harnesses required
What ecu are you using, out of curiosity?

im running it off a chipped P28 "tuned" with a VAFC

Back