Hmmm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Ok well I bought a set of B16A pistons on LS rods with Total Seal rings, now what do I do about Head Gasket (OEM?, MR Gasket 34.99), Water Pump (B16A 44.99, or sotck LS is like 34.99), OEM Head Bolts (7x10=$70) or ARP Studs ($105) Just go with OEM or buy the performance shit? Im so confused. Someone help

You match the water pump to the timing belt that you are using. Since there is no reason for you to run the VTEC water pump (you won't be spinning past 7000 RPM) use the LS water pump and timing belt. Other than that, what he said. :)

thanks Eric, and Calesta, but where can i find ARP studs for less than $105... are those the only bolts I'll need?

i got mine from cory at gearhead racing...

you can IM him at gearheadFX2 or IM: chethewitt to get the phone # there.. i lost it

if you need an LS water pump... i've got one that's nearly brand new.. i'll snap some pics of it tomorrow..

I would run the vtec water and oil pumps, as far as a place to get arp stuff there is another post with a link on it under this forum or the general forum.

and lsvtecis correct on matching the pump to the belt.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 27 2003, 10:12 PM
i got mine from cory at gearhead racing...

you can IM him at gearheadFX2 or IM: chethewitt to get the phone # there.. i lost it

if you need an LS water pump... i've got one that's nearly brand new.. i'll snap some pics of it tomorrow..

How much, How new? PM the pictures

Back