Hmotorsonline parts question b16 sirII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gooseguir

I just bought a B16a sirII from Hmotorsonline and I'm planning to install this weekend. The warranty says I need to install new spark plugs, spark plug wires (leads), rotor, timing belt, water pump and tension pulley, for the warranty to be valid. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is necessary for the engine to run or is it just a precaution?? Also if anyone has any tips or things to watch out for if they've done a b16 swap into a 92 cx civic hatchback (or similar swap). THanks, all input is greatly appreciated.

basically just about any place you buy a motor from will make you do that. i even bought a motor from junk yard and they had the replacement list on the back of the receipt

It's a precaution list, as those are the things that would commonly wear out over time and need replacing anyway. They put it on there to save themselves the hassle of "my butt hurts, my new swaps timing belt broke because I was too lazy to do some maintainance on my motor so I want a new one "

:lol: Hey, I got a 92 civic hb vx, and I am planning to put in the b16 sir2 motor from Hmotorsonline, just a question?

Did u buy the complete pakage? for 2350?

also what about the OBD connections?

Good luck :D

I just got the exact motor from there today and it doesnt look to bad. it is just a little beat up but not anything to worry about. I did get the whole swap it came out to 2675.00 shipping included. it is obd1 e-mail me if you want pics.

Gooseguir Can you send me a couple of pics of the motor I am curious.
Also I noticed there was a film of black oil in the intake manifold. It was kind of allot any ideas.

Originally posted by 95sir@Oct 21 2003, 08:18 PM

Also I noticed there was a film of black oil in the intake manifold. It was kind of allot any ideas.

Blow by, don't worry about it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 21 2003, 02:30 PM
Blow by, don't worry about it.

Thanks for the info....It is allot heavy balck film. I am not to worried about it but it is allot\. I just figured that since it is a jdm that they blow more crap through.

Hey, I got a 92 civic hb vx, and I am planning to put in the b16 sir2 motor from Hmotorsonline, just a question?

No I just bought the motor tranny and ecu, I bought motor mounts axles and shift linkage seperately. I don't know about the "OBD connections"?

Gooseguir Can you send me a couple of pics of the motor I am curious.

I haven't got the motor yet, it comes on thursday. I'll send you pics then if you want them then PM me.

Gooseguir, send me some pics of the motor when it arrives , and if u could do me a favor , and to other enthusiast too!, Could u shoot pics of the installation in your hatch??

that would help me alot , since im in highschool, and Im thinking about doin this swap.

Ill most likely install the motor swap @ my schools auto class garage, with the teachers and other friends!

well , if you could please kind of make picture guide of your installation, that would really help me :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Good luck

My friend has a digi camera and he'll be with me when I do the swap this weekend so I'll try and work something out, shouldn't be that much of a hassle for me.

Well last night I put my wire harness on the new motor and it looks like it is a little too short. Am I going to have to extend any of the wires? Also can someone tell me what sensors are where(like the one on the front of the intake manifold to the right side.

Originally posted by ConejoHB@Oct 21 2003, 12:53 PM
:lol: Hey, I got a 92 civic hb vx, and I am planning to put in the b16 sir2 motor from Hmotorsonline, just a question?

yes, but i also bought it with the LSD tranny and that with shipping put me at around 2997

Originally posted by ConejoHB@Oct 22 2003, 06:38 PM
Gooseguir, send me some pics of the motor when it arrives , and if u could do me a favor , and to other enthusiast too!, Could u shoot pics of the installation in your hatch??

that would help me alot , since im in highschool, and Im thinking about doin this swap.

Ill most likely install the motor swap @ my schools auto class garage, with the teachers and other friends!

well , if you could please kind of make picture guide of your installation, that would really help me :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Good luck

The motor arrives on a skid with shrinkwrap around it.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Oct 23 2003, 09:48 AM-->
@Oct 21 2003, 12:53 PM

yes, but i also bought it with the LSD tranny and that with shipping put me at around 2997

:lol: u think the lsd tranny is worth it ??

My car will be daily driver, so u think its really worth the lsd?

also, just in case I wont be able to install the swap, u know how much is the labor for someone doing the swap for me :)
thnaks

Dude, the lsd is sick, nothing is better than being able to burn out with both wheels lol. Plus, you will get better traction, and accelleration, and you will get better launches!

its definately worth the extra money

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Oct 23 2003, 08:30 PM
Dude, the lsd is sick, nothing is better than being able to burn out with both wheels lol. Plus, you will get better traction, and accelleration, and you will get better launches!

You can "burnout" both tires without LSD. <_<

And if you don't drive hard, you won't really be able to tell you even have it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 23 2003, 03:06 PM
You can "burnout" both tires without LSD. <_<

And if you don't drive hard, you won't really be able to tell you even have it.

Yes, you can burnout without an lsd, only one tire spins by itself because you are using an openslip differential.

With an LSD, your Frontwheel drive car will corner much better cause BOTH of your fronwheels will be given power, not just one.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Oct 23 2003, 11:17 PM
Yes, you can burnout without an lsd, only one tire spins by itself because you are using an openslip differential.

With an LSD, your Frontwheel drive car will corner much better cause BOTH of your fronwheels will be given power, not just one.

You're a dumbass, LSD or not BOTH of your tires spin. An LSD transfers power to the one that needs it, but it isn't the reason they both spin.

Back