hollowing out the cat?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you think hollowing outh the cat on my z6 will help horsepower wise? anyone done it and it gave you more power or less?

it will help but it will sound like crap just weld in a straight pipe or go to ebay and buy a cat delete for 10 bucks

I wouldn't do it. Your car was meant to run with a cat and its not a turbo car so that back pressure is good for your low end power. Unless your car is turboed. In that case hollow away.

it wont matter enough to make a difference imo. plus youll smell like ass driving down the road.

It will add power, but like everyone else has mentioned already, your car will be louder and will smell like an old truck driving down the road. And if you get caught, its a hefty ticket. You'd be better off purchasing a high flow cat. They can be had at most local muffler shops for around $90. Of course, that depends on the shop. I always get mine in 3" in/out and have them neck it down to fit my exhaust.

Back