1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hollowing out the cat?!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by danielthemanual1, Mar 19, 2007.

1. danielthemanual1

danielthemanual1 New Member

do you think hollowing outh the cat on my z6 will help horsepower wise? anyone done it and it gave you more power or less?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

it will help but it will sound like crap just weld in a straight pipe or go to ebay and buy a cat delete for 10 bucks

3. dtob

dtob New Member

I wouldn't do it. Your car was meant to run with a cat and its not a turbo car so that back pressure is good for your low end power. Unless your car is turboed. In that case hollow away.

4. micah

micah Senior Member

it wont matter enough to make a difference imo. plus youll smell like ass driving down the road.

5. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

it made a ton of diffrents on mine

6. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

It will add power, but like everyone else has mentioned already, your car will be louder and will smell like an old truck driving down the road. And if you get caught, its a hefty ticket. You'd be better off purchasing a high flow cat. They can be had at most local muffler shops for around $90. Of course, that depends on the shop. I always get mine in 3" in/out and have them neck it down to fit my exhaust.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted