holy crap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
HS is back up n runnin... that was an insane outtage.

Date: 04-14-2007 Start time (CDT): 22:00 Services Affected: Power SR02 Device: Main ATS Switch Location: dal01 Duration: Emerging Issue Description: UPDATED: Power has been restored to the datacenter and all servers are now being brought back online by technicians on staff. Servers will be brought online in series over the next 20 minutes to ensure power surges do not occur.

At 10:00PM, SoftLayer Datacenter lost power to all racks in SR02 and 5 racks in SR01, and one rack in SR03. This was due to a power transfer from generator to utility due to inclement weather in the DFW area. During the transfer, a 2500amp breaker failed placing all power on UPS backup power. After roughly 30 minutes on battery backup, power to the specified datacenters began to go offline. Electricians are onsite replacing the 2500amp main breaker with a cold swap spare kept onsite. We expect this situation to be resolved by 1:00AM CST. The emergency reponse team is onsite to bring servers and services affected back online when power is restored.

Sincerely,
SoftLayer Emergency Response Team
https://status.softlayer.com

sorry guys. completely out of my control.

i guess some tornadoes ripped through DFW, puttin ght datacenter on generator power for a while. When they went to switch back to street power, they blew up a breaker and had to replace it. :(

damn i was wondering what happend

must have been after i passed out or somethin...or maybe i wasnt affected...cuz i did notice it was kinda dead on here last night

Back