holy huge wave Batman!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

word brave mother fucker idk why he would use a short board i guess he likes to live on the edge of crazzy and fucking retarded

Big wave boards are definately getting smaller, but thats not a shortboard. its basically a gun, which is a long "shortboard" (by that i mean the shape) for bigger waves. on top of that, big wave boards are a hell of a lot heavier and stronger than your average board. most weight in the range of 12-18 pounds.

This looks like that one crazy ass reef a few hundred miles off the California coast.

There is a totally random reef out in the open ocean that allows for such huge waves to break. I forget the name of it.

This looks like that one crazy ass reef a few hundred miles off the California coast.

There is a totally random reef out in the open ocean that allows for such huge waves to break. I forget the name of it.
Cortez' Bank. here's another pic of it:
photo40473c7219e08.jpg

that clip is the intro to a surf video, but i can't remember what the name is. i believe it was a Billabong one, but not sure.

Last edited:
Not exactly fake, but it looks to me like they slowed the video down and added their own sound effects to make the wave seem more massive than it is. Not to say it's not a huge wave in the first place though... :)

Back