Do I really have to inspect this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yet you claimed you didn't like driving it due to gas and "dude, is that a real sti?"

To which I would have replied:
"n0, it's not y0. My mom stitched the STi on the seats."

STis and EVOs are a dime a dozen here. Unfortunately the same goes for wrecked/rolled STis and EVOs....

it was a total pig. i had to get gas EVERY day. it would take me a little over half a tank to get to and from work. which means, day 2, i'm not getting home if i didn't fill it up.

200 miles out of a tank is simply unacceptable for 80% highway.

I also hated the gearing. normal around town driving 30-40 mph roads i was always between 4th and 5th gear. 4th wound out and wasted gas. 5th would be fine until a hill, then, total lag or a downshift. i think i shifted more btw 4/5 than i did 1-2 in that car. simply a bad choice of gearing imo.

well when you think your a driver (or you just want a drivers car) its really narrows your choices down when you're in the under 35k category:

Honda S2000
Subaru WRX STi
Mitsubishi Evo
Nissan 350z
RX-8

I've driven all 3 and here were my impressions.

Scoobie. Easy to drive and control. good seats. feels larger inside than the car handles, but it eats cas and the trunk is deceptively long.

Evo is hard-on inducing in every possible way...but you're so uncomfortable in the seats that you hate being in the car even when you're having fun. It eats gas too.

The 350z is over hyped in its stock form. it's modestly quick, but the suspension is too soft, there's not enough power, and the interior feels cheap even when compared to the competition.

The S2000 (obviously my choice) i can drive for the full 280 miles the 12 gallon tank will take me (not too bad on gas and the seats are super comfy). Its a convertible. It's a reliable honda. Shitty interior and sound but since I'm able to have fun in the car i dont really notice it too much.

The RX-8 has great suspension from the factory. It's a hell of a lot of fun on back roads, but its REALLY lacking power and i think its ugly.

I see only two winners in the price point. B bought 1, i bought the other and he seems to have had more to hate about his scoobie.

Back to the topic. all i can say, is whoa wtf.....that's a helluva a day.

200 miles out of a tank is simply unacceptable for 80% highway.

I also hated the gearing. normal around town driving 30-40 mph roads i was always between 4th and 5th gear. 4th wound out and wasted gas. 5th would be fine until a hill, then, total lag or a downshift. i think i shifted more btw 4/5 than i did 1-2 in that car. simply a bad choice of gearing imo.

iirc this is what they call growing up :)

well when you think your a driver (or you just want a drivers car) its really narrows your choices down when you're in the under 35k category:

Honda S2000
Subaru WRX STi
Mitsubishi Evo
Nissan 350z
RX-8

I've driven all 3
and here were my impressions.
wow. counting>you.

sig worthy material there....

wow. counting>you.

sig worthy material there....

lol, i wasnt going to add the rx8 and 350z when i started, but i figured i had to if i was really going to show what people looking for that car wanted. didn't go back and update after i did.

people also look at the z4 and mx-5's but i hate both so fully that i couldnt be bothered to write the ways in which i hate them.

The Mx-5 is a potent little car... Great for autocrossing. Not the fastest car in the world, but its fun to drive for what it is.

im not gonna have the mx-5 convo. i'll just get worked up and offend the miata guys.

p.s. my neighbor has 4 miata's all with either thermal exhaust or straight pipes and i hate him.

Lol, I'd take a Miata over my Civic. I'd never argue that the Miata was an awesome car though. Its a poormans sports car and a grandma/chick car.

Back