HOME MADE PORT & POLISH

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

s4009e05302723.jpg
Ok so i take it upon myself to do a POORMAN port and polish and as a RESULT this is what i created......not to shabby for a 1st timer huh? The whole thing took me about a week to complete. I THINK I WILL START TAKING ORDERS $350.00+ship

s4009e08edbbb6.jpg

s4009e080186b8.jpg

s4009e06fea62d.jpg

s400af68753030.jpg

s400af6970ea8c.jpg

s400af6756dde5.jpg

s400af6a1ef43b.jpg

s400af6ae668bd.jpg

Yeah i just need to find the best place to have it FLOW tested.

what did you polish it with? My friends tried using a dremel and really messed a throttle body up. they ported it so much the butterfly was too small and too much air got by at idle, and they ended up throwing it in the trash. Your head looks pretty good though.

I just took off the roughness of the Runners dint go overboard on grinding but did go all out on the polish.On the polish i must have taken about 20min on each runner and Bowl real nice huh? i bet it will flow alot better than stock,I can tell you that much now. :)

unless you know what your doing I would advise against it, you should have tested the flow prior and after your porting to see the effects.

Uh oh! I see intake ports that got polished! Ya dun fucked it up, son! Polishing the intake port will allow the fuel to fall out of suspension and puddle on the port walls.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 19 2004, 02:47 AM
Uh oh! I see intake ports that got polished! Ya dun fucked it up, son! Polishing the intake port will allow the fuel to fall out of suspension and puddle on the port walls.

Not a big deal All I need to do is unpolish it and walla thanks for the info tho good to know.THANKS LOCO

??? will this puddling still happen even with a turbo and about 8 to 9 psi boost/???

Yes. The port walls downstream of the injectors MUST have a texture to them. As for the exhaust ports- it doesn't matter because they'll be carbon coated in a few hundred miles anyway.

THANK YOU for the info,i would have been scratching my head over this if you had not told me. I know i can fix it with a 120 grit ..right? Should i sand the INTAKE RUNNER AND THE BOWL or just the RUNNER.

Had a friend who bead blasted his intake manifold for this reason. Think ballata on a golf ball, smoother is not always better.

hit it with a 60 grit you cant go with anything smoother then 60 grit

Back