1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home made supercharger

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by weirdman77, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirdman77

weirdman77 Junior Member

Ya i had a idea that poped in my head while reading the homemadeturbo site
    the idea was a homemade supercharger designed like a vortec supercharger
    by using the intake half of a turbo mount it to you head in a way that you can center a rod on the spool thing that runs in front of the head to the timing belt and mount that to the other side of the head, put a cam gear on the end of the rod and connect the timing belt to it. and then run a pipe to the intake manafold.
    After you read this i would like a response from you about if you think it is possible

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

anything is possible but is it worth it? no you'll have more time and money into that thing than a jackson s\c costs and it wont work nearly as well. either buy a turbo or s\c. dont be like that buttdart thats trying to make a turbo for his go cart.

3. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i'll say try it and log everything you do and take pics...

4. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

5. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Reality check: You don't even know the proper names for the parts you're talking about. You have no hope in hell of ever completing what you describe, at least in your current state of automotive and fabricating education.

And why the hell would you want a centrifugal supercharger?

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

im still trying to figure out what weirdman is saying.

the only thing good about the centrifugal sc is you can plumbed a intercooler or aftercooler much more easily that can be done on with the roots sc.

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

HAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen...

Then you can run the intake pipe to the thing that lets the air flow at certain times but only when you step on that pedal thing in the inside of the car, you know what I mean. and that way...you can have a centrifugal supercharger and don't do any tuning and run an 11 second quarter for 300 dollars!

:bo:

8. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

What's good about an intercooler if you're only able to use full boost at redline? In a centrifugal supercharger, flow through these types of compressors varies with the cube of the shaft speed. In other words, doubling the speed of the shaft will produce 23, or 8 times the flow. Turn that around and clearly, the flow is 1/8 at half the engine speed that it would be at the redline. Basically, that means you have 1/8 the boost at half the redline. And that is about where it really falls, 1 psi boost at about 3300 rpm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.