1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home made turbo help??

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ek9_tury, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ek9_tury

ek9_tury New Member

i:huh: friend yust give to me a turbo and the intercooler,, from a eclipse, buthe told me that it dosen't use a westgate and that i can use to make for a d-series engine that i yust bought, what do i need beside the tubing and the manifold its going on, a d16y7 that they put on a hatchback 95, with a skunk2 intake manifold, i think it's like 6 or 8 psi from stock the turbo and it can handle like 15 but i realy dont know about turbos i alway like NA engines. sow somebody can helpme or had some expirience building a home made turbo,, thank's:confused:

2. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Unless you have a friend who's handy with turbocharging around I would have to suggest reading up on it before doing anything.

A DSM turbo is internally wastegated. There should be a can with an arm mounted on the turbo, thats the wastegate actuator. The wastegate itself is the flapper inside the exhaust housing.

I thought I remember reading you can use a DSM turbo manifold thats been modified. It could be a different engine that I'm thinking of though. Someone else will definately chime in with the right info there.

3. wolfdawg2

wolfdawg2 Wolf dawg

hey

I did a turbo kit on my d16z6 it was fast as hell but the tuning was not very good with a vafc2. If you need any help let me know and I will help you out as much as I can my e-mail is vtack1@yahoo.com Thanks Wolfy:cool:

4. wolfdawg2

wolfdawg2 Wolf dawg

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted