Home Theatre

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

are you just running the surrounds? or do you have floorstanders?

I have th arrounds mounted to the wall and the Towers are obviouly on the keft and right of the TV and the Center is Above the TV and the Sub in on the floor next to the TV as well

Here is a great Review on the speakers i have a 799 for the set I am telling you cannot go wrong.

Acoustech 5.1 Speakers review, MAR04 AUDIOPHILE AUDITION

nice.

So i think ive got it figured out.

Panasonic PT-AX200U $1,000
Focupix 95" Screen $300
Onkyo HT-S5100 $340

A little over budget, but i can live with 150 over budget.

Ill probably go with the acoustech's after living with the onkyo's for a little while...and probably pick up an onkyo 706 receiver.

Thanks for the help guys.

nice.

So i think ive got it figured out.

Panasonic PT-AX200U $1,000
Focupix 95" Screen $300
Onkyo HT-S5100 $340

A little over budget, but i can live with 150 over budget.

Ill probably go with the acoustech's after living with the onkyo's for a little while...and probably pick up an onkyo 706 receiver.

Thanks for the help guys.

Well just to save you some money

$925 shipped

Panasonic PT-AX200U HDTV Home Theater Projector AX200
Panasonic PT-AX200U HDTV Home Theater Projector AX200 - eBay (item 300274330889 end time Dec-17-08 14:50:53 PST)

$335 shipped Onkyo HT-S5100 7.1
Onkyo HT-S5100 7.1 Channel Home Entertainment System - eBay (item 320319313043 end time Nov-26-08 13:12:40 PST)

not sure how set you are on that screen but

$220 shipped Accuscreen 800001 100" Diagonal 16:9 Electric Projection Screen

Accuscreen 800001 100" Diagonal 16:9 Electric Projection Screen - White Case at TigerDirect.com

Total $1480

Not for nothing cause to each their own. i think your making a mistake choosing better picture over better sound. I doubt you will notice that much picture difference between high def projector or high Def TV, unless you just have to have a 90+ inch screen then i can see why.

But good luck with whatever it is you purchase, its the fun!

Just thought I'd throw my .02 in...I recently purchased a new TV and stereo for my living room. I got the TV for $800 and the surround for $400, and got them to throw in a Monster HDMI cable for free. Is it the best out there? By no means...but for $1200 it's pretty goddamn decent - I'm happy with it.

8753716_sa.jpg

LG - 50" Class 720p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV - 50PG20
Product Features

• Built-in HDTV tuner
    Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming.
  • 49-9/10" screen size
    Measured diagonally from corner to corner for use in large rooms.
  • 1365 x 768 pixel resolution
    Supports 720p signals for stunning image clarity.
  • 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
    6 aspect ratio correction modes for a cinema-style entertainment experience. 3:2 pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources.
  • Dual XD Image Processing Engine technology
    Enhances analog signals to near-HD levels by improving brightness, contrast and detail.
  • 7 picture selection modes and 3 A/V modes
    Customize picture and sound settings for movies, sports or games.
  • Other image enhancement technologies
    Include 3 image sticking minimization modes, 20,000:1 dynamic contrast, fluid motion technology, wide color control, pure black level, enhanced line doubler, 4 color temperature modes and black stretcher.
  • 2-way built-in 20W speaker system
    Dolby Digital sound decoder and SRS TruSurround XT deliver a virtual surround sound experience. Bass, treble and balance controls and 5 selectable sound modes create a customized sound.
  • Clear Voice technology
    Reduces background noise for improved dialogue quality.
  • Auto volume leveler
    Prevents volume fluctuations during commercials, eliminating the need to adjust the settings.
  • Ultraslim LCD
    Measures 3-4/9" deep and may be mounted on a wall (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA 400mm x 400mm compatible.
  • HDMI inputs
    Provide an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and support of copy-protected HD broadcast content.
  • USB 2.0 port
    For quick connection of a digital camera or other USB device.
  • Inputs
    Include 3 HDMI (1 side, 2 rear), 2 HD component video (rear), 1 component video (side), 1 S-video (rear), 1 PC (rear), 1 PC audio (rear) and 1 RF antenna (rear).
  • Outputs
    Include 1 optical digital audio (rear).
  • V-Chip parental controls
    Give you the option of blocking undesirable material that you don't want your kids to see.
  • ENERGY STAR qualified
    Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
  • Wide ranges of additional features
    Includes trilingual (English, French, Spanish) on-screen menus with auto channel programming, input labeling, quick view, quick set up guide, SimpLink functionality, sleep timer and favorite channels feature.

8724286_ra.jpg

Panasonic - 1250W 5.1-Channel Home Theater System with 5-Disc Upconvert DVD Player - Black - SC-PT960
Product Features

• Complete home theater system includes progressive-scan upconverting 5-disc DVD/CD player, stereo receiver, 2 front speakers, 1 center speaker, 2 rear speakers and 1 passive subwoofer
  • 5-disc DVD/CD changer plays DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD-RAM, CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD, WMA, MP3 and JPEG formats
  • Multiple surround sound decoders built in. Learn more about surround sound home theater
  • Built-in surround sound decoders include Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS
  • Total power: 1250W (250W x 2 front speakers @ 3 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD; 250W center speaker @ 6 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD; 125W x 2 surround speakers @ 3 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD; 250W subwoofer @ 6 ohms, 100Hz, 10% THD)
  • RMS power output: 483W (104W x 2 front speakers @ 3 ohms, 1% THD; 101W center speaker @ 6 ohms, 1% THD; 34W x 2 surround speakers @ 3 ohms, 1% THD; 106W subwoofer @ 6 ohms, 1% THD)
  • HD upconversion delivers greatly enhanced video performance by upconverting the video resolution of standard DVDs to HDTV-compliant 1080p formats via HDMI connection
  • Two 2-1/2" 2-way bass reflex front speakers, 2-way full-range bass reflex center speaker with two 2-1/2" bamboo diaphragm cones and two 2-1/2" full-range bass reflex rear surround speakers
  • Passive subwoofer with 10" radiator and 6-1/2" woofer cone
  • Built-in Apple iPod dock lets you listen to your favorite music or watch videos stored on your iPod through the home theater system; compatible with most Apple iPod models with a dock connector
  • Sound enhancement modes include whisper-mode surround, surround enhancer, subwoofer boost and Cinema Mode
  • Dialogue enhancer emphasizes dialogue and minimizes background sounds while maintaining proper balance and dynamic range
  • Wireless rear speaker-ready (wireless rear speaker kit included)
  • VIERA Link control function; supports multiroom playback
  • Inputs: 1 optical digital audio, 1 audio
  • Outputs: 1 component video, 1 video, HDMI and 1 headphone jack

Well, I think they should be equal, and if you don't have 2k to spend on audio, you need to save more.

And don't get a Panasonic stereo with the wireless rear, those things are too has horrible SNR and THD.

well im quite set on the projector, B. If you can give me a good reason why i shouldnt buy it, id probably listen, but if you are gonna do the fan boy "720p r t3h sux!" then im not gonna listen.

You are probably the same guy that will watch a 1080p24 vid and say its the be all end all even though people are hopping around all over the place because 24fps is too damn slow and the movie industry wont go to 60fps.

I will throw my opinion on here as well. I had a projector and unless you want to live in a cave or have the setup in the basement it is a bad idea. I could only watch mine with every light turned off in the room and then it still had to be at night. I finally got room darkening shades to lower the daytime light but it was seriously like a cave 24/7 and that was not cool so I went to a regular tv and have been happy since.

I will throw my opinion on here as well. I had a projector and unless you want to live in a cave or have the setup in the basement it is a bad idea. I could only watch mine with every light turned off in the room and then it still had to be at night. I finally got room darkening shades to lower the daytime light but it was seriously like a cave 24/7 and that was not cool so I went to a regular tv and have been happy since.

So true.

You need 2000 Lumens or more to combat daylight.

oh look at that...my projector is 2000 lumens. and we already live in a cave :). Heavy black curtains and fucking anime scrolls everywhere.....

i just got my onkyo system.. this is my first a/v system so all i can say is im impressed. the box is about half the size of a love seat and weighs close to 100 lbs.. everything looked impeccable with wires, manual and all the accessories included. the only downside is the wires are indeed very very thin. the same size they use in stock car stereos, so be prepared to replace those. but the hardware had no scratches or anything.

we're moving very soon so i just set up the center, front two and sub. its pretty damn loud and the cool thing is you can adjust each speakers volume. the mids and highs sounded pretty good, but again im not audiophile. also i just want to mention again, one major downside is it doesnt do hdmi AUDIO. so for that you have to pass it to the opitical or get a new system. im not disappointed since this is a htib and i paid the same amount for a complete 7.1 system as one would for a good reciever.

what onkyo system did you get? no hdmi audio isnt a good thing for me.

it is the S5100. the model up, s7100 does provide hdmi audio though. the specs look similiar but it wasnt worth an additional $300 to me for.

Back