Home Theatre

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buying a receiver today without full HDMI support is like buying a standard dvd player. Ever think of the future?

like i said, i didnt really care since i dont have any devices with hdmi. and if i do end up getting a blu ray or ps3, ill just use the spdif audio. no biggie since its a "cheap system" anyway.

also, if ive lived with compress audio for 24 years and a crt tv with 2 purple magnetized corners for 4, i can deal with not having lossless audio. =)

like i said, i didnt really care since i dont have any devices with hdmi. and if i do end up getting a blu ray or ps3, ill just use the spdif audio. no biggie since its a "cheap system" anyway.

also, if ive lived with compress audio for 24 years and a crt tv with 2 purple magnetized corners for 4, i can deal with not having lossless audio. =)

:bo:

I just wanted to know cause I plan on only having one cord run to the projector, and if the HDMI cable from the PS3 cant give me audio, then the 7100 is the one i need.

hopefully my roommates are gonna get the 46 sharps or sammys running this weekend.. because its time to dump "deep purple" (the magnetized boob tube). then we can enjoy SF IV in upscaled 1080p once it hits consoles in Feb.

from the looks of it, the s7100 should have even better mids and highs because each speaker is 2-way and has a higher SN Ratio. and you get frees stands with it. but it was already hard for me to stomach $300, much less $500+.

TIAB = FAIL

For anyone looking to put something together that can last you 10+ years, buy a nice receiver then spend 100 bucks or so on cheap ass 5.1 speaker in a box kit or just any cheap ass speakers you can find, chances are it will sound better even with the cheap ass speakers and when you have some extra cash to buy legit speakers you can easily swap them out. I have an Onkyo reciever, it cost me around 500 or 600 a year or two ago, now I'm guessing its 400. I would be very suprised if I don't use that reciever for at least 10 more years if not 15+ unless it breaks

As I've gotten older, I've made a point to always buy stuff that wont go to waste 1-2-3 years later, if that something is priced out of my range, I'd rather just wait and do it right the first time.

I learned with my Civic how hard that lesson can be. I wasted way to much money trying to play the whole budgit and get what I can afford at the moment game. Most of my first motor mods (talking internals) were all replaced within a few months due to half assing on minor parts that turned into MAJOR parts after boost hit. =(

Back