Homefront

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
anyone picking this one up??

HOMEFRONT - Official Site

looks like a decent game... be interested to hear some reviews from you guys on it

i may have to finally pick up a game system

I've given some seriouse though to picking it up. I may rent it first though. The single player story looks like I'd be worth the 20 hours of game play and sixty bucks.

Last edited:
I was going to get Bulletstorm, and then decided to wait for Homefront instead. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

From what I have read Bulletstorm is good if you have a group of people to play with.

Looks cool, but I'm not overly impressed with the graphics so far. And I realize that the graphics of a game aren't the end-all, but there's so many shooters out coming out these days that something's going to have to be really kick-ass to draw me away from CoD. The premise sounds cool, so it might be good, but I'll probably wait and read the reviews before I buy.

ID has a new shooter coming out this year called Rage, so I'm definitely excited for that. Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out soon too...

I agree. Id probably rent it. Play through the story, then get back to CoD.

ID has a new shooter coming out this year called Rage, so I'm definitely excited for that. Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out soon too...

lololololz

I know there is a good chance of it coming out but until I can hold that bitch in my hand its dead to me. Much like the CRZ

It's gonna happen for sure. They've got a May 3rd release date set. And they've got trailers and actual gameplay footage out now, so it's basically a finished product at this point. There's no reason why it won't be released, pending some disaster...

It's gonna happen for sure. They've got a May 3rd release date set. And they've got trailers and actual gameplay footage out now, so it's basically a finished product at this point. There's no reason why it won't be released, pending some disaster...

I bet the disaster ends up being food poisoning from really bad Thai food or spiked Mountain Dew.

Alright, so I bought the game yesterday, so I figured I would write a review over it.

First, Singleplayer Campaign. I will warn everyone, it is extremely short. I took me about 5-6 hours total time to beat. There is a lot of "Follow this person, now follow this person" stuff, so if you don't like that I wouldn't play the campaign. The graphics are okay, they remind me a lot of MW2, and the gameplay itself reminds me a little of Battlefield. It does take a little to get used to, but it is pretty fun and intense.

Last but not least, Multiplayer. This is where this game gets a little confusing. Granted, the multiplayer aspect of this game is great, huge teams, on semi-huge landscapes, with 6 different game modes. Depending on the game mode, it's either fast paced or just your general TDM. There is no choice between hardcore and core. It all depends on where you hit the person. So if you have an M4, which is fully auto, and you put a round in someones head, they are down in a split second. If you put 2-3 rounds dead center mass, they are dead. If you spray like a crazy mad man, hitting them in the hands legs and feet, well, you might as well just plan on them mowing you over before you can even kill them.

There are quite a few weapon selections in this game. You have the M4,M16, M249, Scar-L rifle, Scar LMG, Vector SMG (Called the super V in this game), and quite a few more choices. The attachment choices are about equivelent to any call of duty game, you have your 3 choices of ACOGs and Holo sights, grenade lauchers, EMP launchers, Air Burst launcher. Underbarrel shotgun (still the most awesome attachment!) and quite a few more.

Here's where everything is different from CoD. Your killstreaks aren't given to you at 2,3,4,or 5 kills, they allow you to purchase them with BP (battle points) you get from killing the enemies. For example, say I have an RPG launcher selected for me to buy, and it costs 250BP, well I kill 2 enemies, which give you 130BP a kill. Now I can hit down on the D-pad, and get 3 projectiles and the launcher. Now I can store them or use them right away. And there are about 20 items you can choose from as far as your BP rewards go.

Next, we have vehicles. Now to be able to spawn in a vehicle you have to be a certain level to unlock and select them, and then you have to have enough BP in the game to be able to cash in on a vehicle. There are about 6 vehicles anything from Humvee's to an Attack heli with 20mm gatling gun and rockets/missles. I haven't seen anything outside of a humvee so far in my games, but that's due to the fact that you have to be a level 30-40 something to unlock the heli's.

So with that all being said, I truly think if one is to buy this game it would be for the multiplayer, and not for the campaign. Although the campaign is great, its just extremely too short to keep anyone occupied with the game for more than a day or two. Multiplayer has endless possibilities, and huge maps/teams to play with. Overall, it will take some getting used to, but once you have the hang of it, it is an awesome game that can keep anyone entertained for hours.

So there you have it, my not-so-short review on Homefront.

Last edited:
Back