homemade octane booster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

inspecta83

just read something about making your own octane booster. octane boost

and here (to the bottom in yellow)

octane boost 2

just wanted to know what you guys thought...and also is there a such thing as running too high an octane? b/c i always thought the higher the better. if not, what's the ideal octane to run on a turbo b18b (approx 300whp)?

thanks

those have been around for a while....

imo, its too hard to say for sure what octane you know you have

and frankly, 300 whp should be more than fine on regualr premium pump gas

I saw this a while ago on another board, and couldn't get a straight answer on whethere or not this was safe for the car. Anyone here know???

most of that shit will not burn clean and cause lots of problems if run for to long

I used the Toulene thing, I didn't gain anything out of it. The best octane booster is to concentrate VP racing fuel with your 93 octane. I say 1 gallon of VP per 8 gallons of 93. Haha

Originally posted by inspecta83@Nov 30 2003, 06:25 PM
just read something about making your own octane booster. octane boost

and here (to the bottom in yellow)

octane boost 2

just wanted to know what you guys thought...and also is there a such thing as running too high an octane? b/c i always thought the higher the better. if not, what's the ideal octane to run on a turbo b18b (approx 300whp)?

thanks

I did some chemical mixing before for octane booster. My very last octane booster mix made a huge difference. My car sounded like a damn mustang after I drop it in. Horsepower wise from buttdyno you can actually feel some. I'm trying remember what were the ingredients.

Though, I recommend feeling up about 16oz or 32oz of octane booster. Can even be 1 gallon of octane booster.

12oz bottle
help your idle just a little and smooth your engine out

1 gallon
immediately smooth idle(if your car shake during at a stop light this will eliminate it)
increase horsepower/torque
can put down any octane gas you want. can even be the cheapest gas doesn't matter(87, 89, 91, 92, etc)
car sound like a muscle car

When using the cheapest or crappiest gas. It lower the octane rating of the octane booster. Of course putting 1 gallon would do more effect than a 12oz bottle. Put the octane booster first when your gas is empty then fill it up with regular gas to full.

just put moth balls in your tank.

adding octane booster to 93 or less is comparable to polishing a turd.

if you dont have a cat or o2 sensor, run aviation fuel through it.

just to let you know, some octance boosters can ruin your o2 sensor, so you better be careful.

A lot of the Ford Lightning guys that are running high boost use Toulene religiously in their tanks and swear by it.

Back