Honda ACcord F20B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F20B3

To all, i'm having a problem with my 1997 honda accord. I currently have in place an F20B3 engine with a 2001 acura integra gearbox. The problem i'm having is that before with transmission i used to get a top speed of 100mp/h. Since changing the transmission and installing a gearbox, i'm now only reaching 107mp/h. I replaced fuel filter, serviced engine, timed, correct air pressure in my tires. I there is anyone that can assist please do so. I eagerly await a reponse.

1.) Are you sure that the transmission is from an Integra? Integra transmissions DON'T bolt up to Accord engines without an expensive adapter plate.

2.) Did you do this transmission swap in anticipation of reaching higher top speeds? If so, why? You don't need to be driving that fast anyway, plus top speed does not correlate to acceleration. You should have made your transmission choice based on which gearbox would give you better acceleration, not better top speed...

Back