1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honda accord jerking and loss of power

Discussion in 'Accord' started by devenrood, Jun 15, 2011.

1. devenrood

devenrood New Member

car: 1994 honda accord ex 4cyl 2.2l Vtec. 5 speed man trans
    problem: car jerks around at a constant steady speed and at times has loss of power and almost dies. randomly i get a check engine lamp so i pulled codes and got code 07-2. searched it and found TPS low circut. replaced the TPS and cleared codes. problem still occures. i once got an O2 sensor code but i think its just a different problem. the check engine light goes away after the car is turned off and restarted. i just changed the fuel filter, plugs, rotor and cap, and wires. please help!
  2. 87Accord

87Accord "Große Kugeln"

Check all your electrical connections. I pulled a connection on my '03 element while cleaning the engine and it threw codes for the TPS. Also, might be a good idea to put some WD-40 or some of that connector grease on them too, even if it's not the problem. It could just be a loose connection that just wiggles out...
  3. devenrood

devenrood New Member

i have done all those things. today im going to check to see if there is resistance in the wires?
  4. devenrood

devenrood New Member

does anyone know of anywhere i can send my ECM to have it checked or rebuilt?
  5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin

Dealer? Swap temporarily with someone that has the same car?

Check your spark plugs...