Honda Accord Temperature Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think if the ect was shorted or bad...you would get a code as well.

true about the o2 check engine light

would you happen to know where the temperature sensor is located?

thanks alot

Also, if the sensor was faulty...the fan would run at all times. I know they do in obd2 vehicles its a fail-safe so the engine won't overheat as easily.

yeah i have known people to put those resistors on hondas and notice that effect of the thermostat not reading right , he said hes all stock so i dont think that would be it , a sensor is 59.99 at honda dealership and takes a 15mm to replace it , located right under the distributor .

right uinder the distributor

also, you guys know anything about cleaning the engine compartment? mine is getting really dirty, any advices or whether i should do it or not? and if its recommended , what cant be hosed down?

just get purple power , spray on , let it sit, pressure wash off , almost like new, but cover any electricals !!!!

Just dont get the alternator wet. Whats the news on your thermostat problem? And just for reference that "low oil light" as you called it is really an oil pressure light and can come on even if your not low on oil due to a oil pump malfunction.

Back