Honda CBR125R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP

A friend of mine saw your ad in the paper and gave me your info. I am selling my motorcycle. I have a 2005 Honda CBR 125cc, Euro spec, 850 miles, awesome starter bike. Let me know what you think. I am leaving at the end of June and need to sell!

Good enough to start with? I'm thinking of offering 2000 or 1900 USD for it. These bikes cost 3200€ new, so I think it's fair. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 05cbr125r.jpg
    05cbr125r.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 8,416
I wouldn't...

It's only 125cc...You can probably find at least a 250 Ninja for about the same price. I don't know about your physical stature, but I had to get all over a 250 for it to haul me around...I can only imagine that a 125 would be burdensome to whip around town...

Guess it ultimately depends on what you are going to do with it. Just a here to there bike, maybe. If it's going to be for anything else, I would reconsider. I'm sure Steve will have his input here any minute...

My .02

it fits the restrictions of your german license
its a small light weight bike that will be easy to ride and learn on for both you and your girl
it will be plenty for tooling around town and back roads with (i dont think id really be all that interested in hitting the autobahn with a 13.3hp bike)

it fits the restrictions of your german license
its a small light weight bike that will be easy to ride and learn on for both you and your girl
it will be plenty for tooling around town and back roads with (i dont think id really be all that interested in hitting the autobahn with a 13.3hp bike)

Uh, yeah. This bike will never go on the autobahn. Ever.

I just got off the phone with her. I'm getting it for $2,800. I'll pick it up on the 31st of this month.
I'm psyched out. I'm really looking forward to this. My week is so much better. Holy crap. I'm feeling happy for the first time in a while now. Today at work was so shitty, but now I don't care. :D

:D:D:D

The woman I'm buying it from said that she got it up to 110km/h. She's like 140 lbs and 5'7", so I'd expect about the same for me. Too fast.

I did not realize they had restrictions...

Post more/better pics when you get it.

Enjoy, and be safe. Spend the money on good gear...

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but it'll give my bar time so I can be ready when I go to the states to take the test to get my full license.

The seller said that she's going to email them some time tonight. I will post.

I've already got the helmet and gloves in the mail, those are the only things I could order online. I'm going to have to try on different jackets, and I wear boots every day anyway, so I'm good.

I'm really stoked.

The military won't help you get your license? When my buddy went in, he was able to get his drivers license and motorcycle license through the government, so when he got back stateside, he didn't have to go through the hassle...

Maybe I misunderstood him though...I'll ask him again.

Over here, you can only get a government license issued, IF you hold the same class license from the US and A, or a European Union member country. BUT, yout USAREUR license will be subject to the same class-restrictions as your license you used to qualify with.

Example: I'll have my 125cc german license in a couple weeks. When I get the class added to my USAREUR license, they'll only add the 125cc part of the motorcycle license. When I go to maryland to get the US and A license, I show them my german license, and they let me just take the paper test, then I get the maryland license, however, since maryland has no classes of motorcycle licenses, I get a full license. I come back here, show the DMV my maryland license, and the restrictions are lifted. I go to the german DMV, and show them my USAREUR license, and my maryland license, and they'll remove the 125cc restriction.

Whew. That was a lot. I hope you understand a little better now. I know for a fact that in Europe, the military can not issue licenses, it may be different in other regions.

Derbi. They make small displacement bikes for the central European markets, and trickle them out of Europe to enthusiasts. I almost got the GPR Nude (Google it, dammit)

And Germany has the Sachs brand, offering the MadAss which is neat. And you also get Italian Cagivas. These are all world-class quality small displacement bikes for the Euro market. The new Derbis are even fuel injected and KLEEN or whatever fucked up Euro emissions standard there is. They auto-mix too. Not sure if the honda does.

And when you check out the "special" features of the Derbi and Cagiva, you'll fall in love :)

(Hint: The gas tank is actually a huge trunk)

the honda is 4 stroke... no mixing required

I can't stand the sound of a two-stroke small-displacement bike. Too many years living in Belgium having to listen to "VAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" at all hours of the day.

What's wrong with a 125cc 4-stroke?

a 4 stroke gives up a power stroke. a 2 stroke gives twice the power strokes. Also, 2 strokes can be broken in far easier, and when they do break in - the increase in performance is dramatic.

the 125 derbi Senda motor is capable of kicking 250 4 stroke ass all the way up to 110 mph.

And with all of these tight, light and outta sight bikes that come in small displacements, you wind up going to so slow that you never get a chance to really lean into a turn. With the 50cc I took out (I know it's a totally different thing) I took some of my favorite twisties and they were frankly boring. I was upright the whole time.

Well, this bike is more for me to get back into the groove, and for her to learn how to ride. Quite frankly, I'm not interested in going fast; I just want something that I can get the hang of riding through traffic on.

Back