Honda City B16A Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jignesh

Hi,

Am from Bombay, India and drive the exact same car that you have a Honda City 1.5lVtec in which I very recently(Jan 2008) installed a B16A2 engine and have Turbo Charged it in Feb 2008.

Am giving below a link to my car pictures and specs.

OHC with Turbo Charged B16A2 Engine - viper’s Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards,

Jignesh

Last edited by a moderator:
For starters, you should have created a new thread for this!

Welcome to HondaSwap!

The engine swap looks pretty cool, but that doesn't look like any GD in the US, and it doesn't look like the Honda City that I've seen in Taiwan and Thailand. Does India have a different body style?

What kind of turbo setup do you have? The dyno chart looks like it would be from a non-turbo car.

Hi,

This is a Honda City Type Z which was sold in India, Thailand & Malaysia which was sold in 3 variants in India a 1.3l. 1.5l and 1.5l Vtec. Have spent a bomb on doing up my car and actually logged in to discuss some issues when I happened to see this thread.

I do not know what a Honda GD is as I have never seen one. The car is running a stock block and turbo was set at 7 psi. Vtec was not working when the dyno run was done and car was also not fine tuned. AM giving below a complete list of the mods done in my car.

1> PORTED/POLISHED HEAD WITH STOCK COMPRESSION.

2> COMP CAMS MID DURATION STREET CAM
3> FIDANZA ADJUSTABLE CAM GEARS 4> FERREA DOUBLE VALVE SPRINGS
5> FERREA ALUMINIUM RETAINERS
6> FERREA STAINLESS STEEL VALVES. HIGH COMP CUT
7> MELLING TIMING BELT
8> HONDA OEM BEARING KIT
9> HONDA OEM GASKET KIT
10> COMETIC MLS HEADGASKET
11> ARP RACING HEAD BOLTS

12> COMPETION CLUTCHES (CC)- STAGE 2 CARBON KEVLAR CLUTCH SET
13> PHANTOM GRIP LSD

14> EDELBROCK VICTOR X RACING INTAKE MANIFOLD
15> WALBRO HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP
16> AEM FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
17> GARRETT GT28R BALL BEARING TURBO

18> GARRETT INTERCOOLER

19> TURBO SMART 38MM EXTERNAL WASTE GATE

20> BOOST MASTER BLOW OFF VALVE

21>
Blox Racing Log Type Cast Iron Turbo Manifold with custom piping and End Can

22> CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL TURBO PLUMBING

23> NOLOGY PLUG WIRES & POWER CORE IGNITION CORE

24> WILWOOD 4 PISTON BRAKE SET FRONT

25> REAR DRUMS CONVERTED TO DISCS

26> COILOVER SUSPENSION

27> FRONT & REAR STRUT BRACE

28> YOKOHOMA AVS SPORT 205/50/15 TYRES ON LENSO

29> RACE DYNAMICS STAND ALONE ECU

30> HONDA TYPE R INSTRUMENT CONSOLE

Can I request you to change the title to Honda City instead of GD please.

Am sorry about the formatting as I have copy pasted from another forum.

Regards,

Jignesh

Nice car, and beautiful pictures! Welcome to Hondaswap! :thumbsup:

Need Help

Hi guys,

Wanted some info on what should be the ideal Oil Temperature in my B16A2 Turbo Charged car be. It currently goes to approx 210 F within 10 mins of switching on the engine and driving under 5000 Rpm. With slightly spirited driving it goes to about 230F.

Is that normal as I do observe that the engine is consuming oil approx .5 litres in 15 days. Was advised to install a Oil cooler.

Would love your inputs and advice on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Jignesh

To my knowledge that Honda City is based on the Civic and Integra platform, and if I'm not mistaken it also has a down graded commercial version as well.

Some of the styling cues were used in the Acura EL version of the Civic sold in Canada as well.

Thats a nice car though too bad the US market never got a hold of that model.

There are so many one off models I have seen in person that I wish Honda would have made stateside, one of my favorites is the Honda Rafaga which is almost a smaller version of the Acura RL from 1996-2001.

RAFAGA1.sized.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the City is its own platform, and significantly smaller than the Civic. The City and Fit share the same chassis in the current generation.

This thread is 4 months old. I don't think the OP really cares anymore, especially since he hasn't even logged on in two months.

I think it's worth compiling info if it's not anywhere else on the web. At least it's here.

Some corrections about the Honda city.. It was based off the 1st gen Domani platform which was based on the EG civics how ever not very many interchangable parts between the EG and the 1st gen domani maybe front end and probably engine mabey suspension but other than that i dont know the body lines arent really the same... The Acura 1.6 EL was the 2nd Gen Domani wich was a Ek body civic with a diff front end how ever Doors out side taillights windows and frame was all a civic. and all parts were interchangeable via bolt on no body work needed. a few people in the states convert there 4 door civics to domanis and ive converted my front end to domani
625216_2.jpg

This is the second gen domani AKA the acura 1.6 EL
1.jpg

And the honda City
cityZ.jpg

But as for the honda city and the swap i know my freind is from india and he said there are a few people that do the swap over there since its based off the EG i would imagine it woulnt be any different than putting a b16 in an EG civic

ya that ones pretty much a fit sedan the new one but i think this dude has an older one

This thread is 4 months old. I don't think the OP really cares anymore, especially since he hasn't even logged on in two months.

Hi Guys,

Am sorry I forgot to update the thread. My problem is sorted out for now. I have overhauled the engine and installed forged low compression pistons, rods & crank. The car now makes about 230WHP @ 12psi tuned for daily drive on 87 Octane.

Have a new question can I install the radiator belonging to a Automatic transmission Honda City which is exactly the same size but has a oil cooling line to cool the engine oil and would that help in reducing Oil Temperatures.

Currently the oil temp is between 180-190 *F and goes upto a max of 210*F under boost.

Thanks in advance.

Jignesh

Back