Honda Civic 1.6i es Vtec 1999

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ave

Hi guys !
I am new to Honda cars so i wanted to ask you about this honda civic what can you tell me because i tried to find something on the internet but was unlucky.

The car I bought is Honda Civic 1.6i es Vtec 1999

well, its probably just the EX not the es. unless you are in some obscure country that they did a limited run of a car and didnt make a record of it (highly unlikely) or somebody just stuck an ES badge from another car.

From the way he types... gonna say he's from another country... the s is close to the x on the keyboard though

Last edited:
Yes I live in Uk but originaly from Europe.
But no I just checked by the reg. number it is a Honda civic ES ... an i cant find enything about it ... wtf

from what i can find it seems to be pretty much on par with the US EX model or more similarly the Acura 1.6 EL
SOHC VTEC engine with 130bhp (sounds and looks like the D16Y8)

look at the engine
the 2 pieces of info you want are located here
1031875.jpg

the arrow is pointing to the engine code stamp
the circle is around the head code

get us both of those pieces of information and we will be able to tell you more

also what specifically would you like to know about this car

Found the engine code it is d16w4
The numbers in circle are covered by a protection plate

An where can I download a user manual ???

And another thing i don't have an aerodeck honda its a regular sedan ... does it make any diference ????

ES is simply a trim level it may have some odd reasoning behind it but overall it simply explains what equipment and features this model has vs another model

if you want a complete shop manual look to Helms for that, if you want a basic manual that gives you a pretty good idea go to a local parts store and see what they have to offer there, if you want a user manual as in the book that came with the car try ebay, if you are looking to download any of these welcome to the internet

no it doesnt make a difference the D16W4 will be the same regardless whether or not its in a wagon

Back