1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honda civic 1995 distributor timing

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by HugoX, Apr 18, 2010.

1. HugoX

HugoX New Member

hey i went to get my smog done. it passed barely. im timing was advance. i haven't adjusted my distributor. i heard that i have to jump a connection while im adjusting. what is the connector? heres the pics of the connection near my ecu and the timing marks near the the pulley

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world!

Alright... #1 is for u to put a paper clip into and get the cel codes from your ecu via ya check engine light if there are any... only way I have ever herd to advance or un advance ya Dizzy is to un do the 3 bolts and move it around a bit... I don't recommend screwing with it alot... about the only deal i got for u
  3. HugoX

HugoX New Member

thanx dude. but i know how to adjust the timing. its just recently i heard of jumping a circuit to adjust the timing.
  4. EP3Hatch1987

EP3Hatch1987 Meeeeooowww!!!!!

No need 2 do that.. Juss unbolt the three bolts and make sure the top bolt is in the middle.. And make sure your at TDC
  5. SiR Master

SiR Master New Member

Why are you trying to play with your ECU ? Just set your timing properly and leave the ECU alone.