Honda Civic 92-95 B16A2 Front Clip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niskyspy

Whats up ppl.
Yea I know that this question was asked for millinons of times but this one is special.
I was searching for the swap for my 1993 Civic and I saw this Honda Civic 92-95 B16A2 Front Clip (BLAST OUT PRICES) *9 Units LEFT* on the www.Flashoptions.com web. And now I have questions.

As far as I know this engine is OBD2 and My civic is OBD1. Do you think I would have any problems swaping this baby? Cuz I pretty shure that it will fit (its from JDM Civic 92-95).

What do u think about it?
Will it be easyer cuz all the wireing is already in the car and all I will have to do is just to swap out parts from Clip and put it in my car?

Thanks for everything you said!!!
PEACE...

it just matters on the ecu your going to use, to make it easier go with the motor year of your car, you can put a obd2 motor in your obd1 car. Never heard of flashoptions and majority of us here vouche for HMO for motors, since they are very reputable and you wont need the entire clip, entire clips costs twice -three times as much to ship also.

keep asking and reading posts here before you order this motor.

it cost USD 1700 and I can just pick it up with no shipping charge, I think thats cheap.

I sent them an email cuz I want to know what OBD is it.
And I think I would just get that clip and swap everything from it to my Civic, I am pretty sure that it would work because it did in Japan, and I think its gonna fit well but I will have to redo the herness beacuse the stock one would be much shorter than the USDM one.
I still dont know what I really want. Before I heard about this swap I wanted to but B18C1 in it but it cost 3 grand and I dont think I want to spend that much money on it. The other option was Del Sol engine but its pretty hard to find clean B16A3 in good condition and not stolen one. I had some ideas, to sell my Civic and buy a Nissan 240sx. Its a pretty cheap car and its god hell lot of horses under the hood, but it would need a 2lt 4 cil turbocharged engine to swap and it would be 205hp after that. its so much faster that civics and the swap will cost around 2300$ thats pretty cheap for nissan with 250HP with boost controler in it.
SO I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW!!!

Originally posted by Niskyspy@Sep 23 2003, 11:12 AM
Whats up ppl.
Yea I know that this question was asked for millinons of times but this one is special.
I was searching for the swap for my 1993 Civic and I saw this Honda Civic 92-95 B16A2 Front Clip (BLAST OUT PRICES) *9 Units LEFT* on the www.Flashoptions.com web. And now I have questions.

As far as I know this engine is OBD2 and My civic is OBD1. Do you think I would have any problems swaping this baby? Cuz I pretty shure that it will fit (its from JDM Civic 92-95).

Will it be easyer cuz all the wireing is already in the car and all I will have to do is just to swap out parts from Clip and put it in my car?

PEACE...

I've never heard of flashoptions.com before... not even mentioned

but....
if it is jdm then they made a typo because it wouldn't be a b16a2, just b16a
if it is from a 92-95 civic then it WILL be obd1

you will need to take the wiring harness off your current engine and put it on the new engine and add wires for vtec and knock

Originally posted by Niskyspy@Sep 23 2003, 11:12 AM
Whats up ppl.

PEACE...

I've never heard of flashoptions.com before... not even mentioned

but....
if it is jdm then they made a typo because it wouldn't be a b16a2, just b16a
if it is from a 92-95 civic then it WILL be obd1

you will need to take the wiring harness off your current engine and put it on the new engine and add wires for vtec and knock

I would recomend buying from Hmotorsonline.com or Usedengine.com
alot of people have gotten motors from HMO and been happy and I got mine from Usedengine and it was in great shape and they included alot more than I asked for at a very good price

best of luck

ok thanks guys.

I am just waiting for the email from flashoptions.com
I know that flashoptions web is kinda new and not a lot of ppl know about it but two of my friends bought a sr20det red top engine for their 240sx and they got the whole thing and even more. And it was in good condition too. I dont know were I want to get the engine from, all I care is price and reliability.

Do any of you know if there is a online shop that would do the harness wireing done for me, cuz I dont really like to do anything with wires and I am bad at it and it takes a lot of time too.

hey nickspy,

I am looking for the exact same thing. After doing a bunch of reseach i found out that the motor is plug an play. I had a friend here in town order a b16a front clip and put it in a 93 hatch and no problem. no needed wiring or anything that is why i am looking for the same. let me know what they replyed to you. The reply from seanjuan got me a little spooked about wether its fruad or not but 1700 shipped to your door is a killer price almost to good to be true if you ask me. Also considering that they are not us based they want wire transfer or western union. How do you get your money back if they jack you.
xavier

No matter what the vehicle is, OBD1 and OBD2 are completely different systems. You will have a lot of wiring to do that is different, and will probably have to change your exhaust a little; mainly the cat and the O2 sensors. Plus you will have different injectors and timing system. Most of that stuff should be included with the kit. So for a street legal swap, you will need to swap almost everything, including the wiring harness. Also look into the fuel pump as that may even be different.

Yea I know that OBD1 to OBD2 is hell lot of work. Thats why I am waiting for the email to come cuz I just want to know what obd is it. I think its obd2 cuz it was is Civic 92-95 Civic and its probably B16A SirII but I am not sure, if it is then all I need is someone who will do the wireing for me and some other stuff for engine to run in my civic.

You said <<The reply from seanjuan got me a little spooked about wether its fruad or not but 1700 shipped to your door is a killer price almost to good to be true if you ask me. >>

But I think its only for me because I am going to pick it up and I dont have to pay for shipping then. I heard alot of stories about this company and most of them are good. But anyway you better do research before buying the engine cuz I never had any of ny friends buyin hondas engine from them (only Nissan sr20det red top).

So thats pretty much it, if everything is gonna be like I want it to be I will probably do the swap in a year or so, maybe I will do it this summer.

Originally posted by Niskyspy@Sep 23 2003, 11:41 AM
it cost USD 1700 and I can just pick it up with no shipping charge, I think thats cheap.

I sent them an email cuz I want to know what OBD is it.
And I think I would just get that clip and swap everything from it to my Civic, I am pretty sure that it would work because it did in Japan, and I think its gonna fit well but I will have to redo the herness beacuse the stock one would be much shorter than the USDM one.
I still dont know what I really want. Before I heard about this swap I wanted to but B18C1 in it but it cost 3 grand and I dont think I want to spend that much money on it. The other option was Del Sol engine but its pretty hard to find clean B16A3 in good condition and not stolen one. I had some ideas, to sell my Civic and buy a Nissan 240sx. Its a pretty cheap car and its god hell lot of horses under the hood, but it would need a 2lt 4 cil turbocharged engine to swap and it would be 205hp after that. its so much faster that civics and the swap will cost around 2300$ thats pretty cheap for nissan with 250HP with boost controler in it.
SO I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW!!!

if want you want is hp go with the 240 but I must tell you that front end is really cheap and i will be all over it if i was you I will take all the wiring fomr the jdm and put it on my car just lable every thing

Hey that is the problem u cant just take the wireing from JDM car and put it in USDM, you will have to make all the wires 10-or more inches longer for the harness to fit USDM car because of the different location of CPU. And like I said that is hell lot of work. I think I would find some russian do it for me in the shop. But it will be around 200$. And I still did not do as much research as I wanted to do for the swap, I dont even have the B16A manual cuz I didnt know what I want more B16A or B18C (JDM) but it all comes down to price and I dont really have alot of money right now.

PEACE

Back