honda civic eg6 complete swap integra type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I want to ask you something since you said you did some swaps and probably maintenance to your civic , considering I will be using parts from a '98 integra which are pretty old what are the most weared up parts I should opt to replace when doing the swap? Like wheel bearings for example?

Most swap guys opt for some version of the following parts before installing the motor (engine stand comes in handy here)

What parts I would deal with:

Remove transmission
Remove flywheel and get it resurfaced (it Type R....keep it :wink:)
New clutch. Good street clutch is Excedy Stage 1 (low $ and tons of positive testimonies)
I buy OEM throw out bearings but you can use the one in the clutch kit
Lube correct parts before Installing transmission
New OEM or Gates Timing Belt
New water pump (I buy OEM)
NGK spark plugs.
OEM distributor cap and rotor.
New Honda manual trans fluid
10W-30 motor oil and filter.

Some parts can be checked and change them accordingly. Timing belt is much easier to change on an engine stand....for sure, easier. So if it dont look brand spanking new...I say you change it now.

Hey people, the axles are 36mm as you said , it will be hard to find spares here in case they need replacement.. but anyway as you said I will probably be changing the timing belt and water pump along with all the fluids in order to do the swap if I decide to do it, one more thing I want to ask is does the steering rack fit over the eg6 because these are opposite hand drive vehicles.. what if I turn it, one turn clockwise, the spacing between the control arms remains the same but I do not know about the steering pump location and hoses, has anybody done that before? I will probably need to swap the fuel pump as well (I know they are cheap but I'm on a budget here..) and the a/c unit and steering and braking pump.. I will even swap the wiper motors if I can the eg will be just a shell so every mechanical part has to be swapped from the integra.

PS....I know a B16 pump fit up to my EG pressure line no problem. Not sure about a B18. You'll know b/c it'll mate up or it won't.

The rest of the PS stuff needs to be for that Civic

No worries about steering rack clearance. Ive had two JDM RHD swaps iny LHD hatch.

A/C....need a 94-97 DelSol DOHC B16 (some countries call it a CRX) bracket or a bracket off a late 90's CRV B20.

It's the bracket that mounts pump to block.

With that bracket....you can use the Civic A/C pump and it's done (assuming you got all the stuff)

Making the A/C stuff work......headache. If you don't have anything....you need to heed my advise and get one of those brackets and the rest should bed the correct A/C for the chassis....not motor.

Check out my old B16 swap thread in my signature below. I had everything hooked up.

Last edited:
So the power steering stuff except the rack from the integra doesn't work on the civic? And I have to find a/c brackets? The civic is a vti/gsr/siR that had a b16a2 along w/ power steering, a/c unit e.t.c. from factory but as I said it's just a shell so it currently has nothing on it and I don't want to start buying spares and combining parts. Can you tell me how does the installation of the steering rack goes, where does the steering pump gets installed , the steering gearbox is on the opposite side that's why I'm wondering about this.

You can use the type r rack no problem. It's just a few bolts that connect it to the subframe.

I guess I underestimated the term "shell"

What is left of this hatch?

Hell.....with some mods....you can get the dash and door panels in. Ive seen it 6-8 times.

So the PS line for return is hard line and might not route correctly in the hatch's engine bay. But the big pressure line should be fine.

PS pump is on the type R motor. Near radiator up high on he timing belt side. Below it is he a/c pump. And across from A/C by the firewall is the alternator.

Last edited:
A lot of stuff "can" be switched over. Most is direct bolt on.

But (depending on the state of the hatch) you may have a lot of work to do.

List what is in the car (wiring, heater/AC stuff under dash, steering column, etc.)

The steering column is there but has too much mileage, there isnt a/c heater lines or anything else no engine or tranny no radiator , no water hoses, no exhaust pipes. I guess the brake lines are there and the fuel lines that run from the reservoir , the control arm ,axles and brakes are on but I'll be switching them over.. If I do this I will be hydrosandblasting the chassis and paint it all with epoxy e.t.c. so I will strip most of these stuff anyway and reassemble afterwards.

I have the machine that bends the exhaust pipes I don't know how it is called in English, do you think I can use it to modify the integra exhaust pipe in order to fit over the civic?

Exhaust fits with a few mods....no bending needed. Just a little shortening of the length

Best exhaust benders (well...pipe benders in general) are called "mandrel benders" they are wicked expensive too.

The hardest is getting that muffler under the bumper...not a lot of room. But I've seen the ITR muffler on EG hatches a few times....so it can fit.

DO YOU HAVE the wire harnesses coming from the inside to the engine bay (both sides near shock towers)

If you strip it down.....we can help you get it together and running.

No wire harness , will have to buy one.. as well as the integra type R LHD harness and OBD1 to OBD2A ecu jumper conversion harness ..

96-01 Acura Integra LS 5 Speed Engine Wiring Harness motor obd2 oem | eBay

and

OBD1 car to OBD2A ecu jumper conversion harness | eBay

Wiring harness will cost about 250 EUR.. will also have to buy some tools: a welder, impact wrench and trolley jack , they go about 500 EUR. Parts I will need is a timing belt kit which is about 150 EUR , and all of the engine fluids which is another 100 EUR.

So it's 1000 EUR just for starters .. do you think I can make up for this by selling what is left over the integra? I will have trouble selling the chassis because it's RHD ... maybe I can sell it cheap to Cyprus they drive RHD cars over there they don't seem to be of interest though...

It's simpler to wire (and cheaper)

You need to find a junkyard for Hondas.

Buy a complete interior and engine harness from a Sir2 (92-95 EG6 B16A) or any car that had the D16Z6 SOHC VTEC engine in it (D16Z6 may be cheaper but won't have wiring for knock sensor....easily worked out)

If your car is LHD ....get the stuff from a LHD donor.

You have a engine harness on the type r motor.....so any plug for a sensor that is different....splice the type r plug onto the new harness.

I strongly suggest you toss the idea of running that OBD2 Type R ECU out the window.

I can suggest/find you a place to order a chipped/socketed ECU. I know you're trying to keep the spending low but using that Type R ECU is not the best move.

Well the ECU is the least of my concerns as you said I can just load the type R base maps on a chipped obd1 ecu.. this is the last thing I will do probably before I crank the engine. Some other stuff I want to know are how to swap the steering pump and A/C ??? , about the electric windows aren't the electric motors the same? And I will mount the integra electric mirros on the civic( I don't know how ugly will this look :-( ), I will probably build new interior based on the old one out of clay or foam whatever I find available... and then make a mold and make a carbon fibre dash board e.t.c. probably with red/black weavings.. and 3 coats of clear .. don't know if it's worth the hassle and how much does the colored carbon fibre costs I know about the simple one .. got some resin leftover but wouldn't this be an overkill .. lol :) I want to keep this as clean as possible no rice shit I've seen a lot of ugly modifications.. :( unfortunatelly...but wait I might chrome this car lol :) chromed civic.. :) lolol I actually can do this .. :) isn't this funny? ok I should stop now .. 1st chromed eg in the world, lol.

So this is how it should look like when I'm done with it , but without the enkei evo 5 rims .. I will keep the integra type r 17 white rims.. and no roll cage I don't like to hurt my legs when I get out of the car.
gallery2Farticles2FHonda20Civic20EG.jpg

gallery2Farticles2FHonda20Civic2-1.jpg

gallery2Farticles2FHonda20Civic2-2.jpg

gallery2Farticles2FHonda20Civic2-4.jpg

Well I might go buy a celica vvti and forget about all this but who knows time will tell.

Swap steering rack. The pressure line will mate right to the pump. and if the return lines are still in the car.....it should be fine

I already filled you in on the AC on the first page....it all needs to be Civic or some serious custom lines b/c that Integra pump is not even close to the civic pump.

PW PL....may work :shrug2: but it ain't a straight changeover.

Back