Honda CIVIC VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chamara

Hi Guys i am having a major problem with my car. My car is checked by a professional but even he cant fix it. What happens is i changed the engine from VTEC-E to VTEC and now i taught i need a p08 since the engine is a p08. I fixed one at the experts place . What it shows is at low rpms it takes time to reach from 750rpm to 3000rpm then from there it takes off very fast. We searched everywhere to find whther this is a problem with the pump petrol but seems not to be the case.

Thanks in advance for your help

Check the o2 sensor, tps sensor, ignition coil, cap/rotor, crank angle sensor signal, timing.

Your using the correct ecu now right?

Definitely check the O2 sensor. My brother's car did that when the O2 sensor wasn't hooked up(D15B7).

What's happening is one of your sensors is inputting a bad reading(or no reading) during closed. Above 3000rpm, you're probably going into closed loop which ignores some of the sensor inputs(pretty much runs straight off the "maps").

Last edited:
O2 sensor is not there anymore

I have checked with a chipped ECU which disabled the O2 sensor did not do the job properly. I cant get in the O2 sensor there the reason is old VTEC-E had 5 wire O2 sensor but now this new motor comes with a 1 wire O2 sensor VTEC(D15B) what can i do to get the signal inside . Can i rewire it? why does the disabling of the O2 didnt work:(

Thank you so much for replying i an helpless

Do you think a chipped ecu will not do the job. I got a chipped p08 for this task in the weekend. we disabled the O2 sensor but still the car didnt show any improvements :(

Can anyone help on this regrads? does the disbaleing of O2 sensoor from a chipped p08 ECU will not do the job for me? Any explanations of why is thta? since the if the bad signal is from the O2 snesor if we disable it should not look for that any more right?

Correct. Make sure "J1" is jumped though. I'd honestly say datalogging is your next bet or simply testing every sensor if you're not getting any CELs.

Back