Honda ECU Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a p07 which is a VX ECU

Now will it run a D16z6 (which is a EX motor) with vtec? or do i need a p08?

Just wait and get a p28 (d16z6 ECU). The p07 ECU will probably run your car, but the motors are different so everything will be off... fuel, vtec, rev limits, etc...

What he said.

The P08 is the CX ECU if I am thinking right, and will run it but run it like doodoo.

i ran my b20 offa p2p 00 ex ecu besides the fact it wouldnt rev over 5k and threw a vtec code i was fine but yea it wont run correctly with out a proper ecu per application but will be drivable

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 29 2004, 06:49 AM
What he said.

The P08 is the CX ECU if I am thinking right, and will run it but run it like doodoo.
[post=438560]Quoted post[/post]​

The P08 is from a JDM D15 SOHC VTEC. If you socket it, it will run fine with the proper .bin, although it has no 02 heater circuit. Some P07s use the 11FO board and can be socketed, but most are strange with the OEM wideband and run weird when you chip them. FWIW, a CX ECU is a P05, no VTEC and no 02 sensor heater circuit.

get a usdm p28 or a jdm p08 if you want a stock ecu, if you buy one that is chipped, it could be anything from a p05 to a p75, with proper modifications almost any obd1 ecu can run almost any obd1 engine correctly.

Back