Honda Element SC looks tempting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that and the pic says 2.4 liter lol

I own an element ex.. same thing, same motor, but has a different grille.

Its slow. it handles like shit. But its handy as hell. Roomy. Bullet proof interior that is great for kids. Hauled a B18 in the back without blinking an eye. There is no carpet to mess up.

Ehh.. not really... The whole body gets paint on this model and it gets bigger wheels...

Yours has a different headlight style, does it not? I can't really remember

I love the element, especially the sc model. The Element is a true "Honda" vehicle. Nothing can touch it's practicality and clever packaging. During my orientation at work, they discussed the development of the element. The interior was actually designed so that one can haul a cbr600.

The power isn't great, but everything else makes up for it, making it a gratifying car to own.

:werd:

I love it. If you use it for what it was meant to be used for, it is 100% awesome.

The rear should be stiffer though.. Its gets all kinds of upset and unbalanced in corners.. Even at the speed limit. *hint* *hint*

And the gas mileage is horrifying.

ok, I'm done.

what are you averaging with it? I borrowed my department's for a weekend and got 24mpg average.

what are you averaging with it? I borrowed my department's for a weekend and got 24mpg average.

It bounces around between 20 and 22.. But it only has an 15 gallon tank on it so I'm always at the gas station. I would accept that kind of fuel mileage if it was a somewhat peppy vehicle, but it isn't. 0-60 takes 12 seconds. I've timed it. And this is the EX, mind you.

Last edited:
I have an '03 EX-5spd. It has a K24 as someone stated. I also get around 22-24 mpg average, but thats probably due to the bull bar on the front, I could possibly pull off 26 without it.

Back