HONDA GODS HELP Help fireing compression no start HELP ME

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orangeracer

Hey I have a 97 civic ex with the d16y8 vtec. and i cant get it timed right, I had it runnin then the belt slipped off. Now I have it to were it compresses to top dead an then the spark plug fires. like it should but it wont make any noises or anything. wont ignite. What am i missin i thought i was off a little but so i turned the cam 180 and tried it and it did the same thing. I am comfused. Someone please help. I dont no why it will have compression and spark and fuel and not run. anyone have any ideas? thanks alot.

??????

Re-time everything. Lign up the mark on the crank pulley with the mark on the belt cover and point the cam gear "up". Then that's out of the way and everything is definitely ok there.

it doesnt have a mark i can see on the crank pully and the cam gear is a AEM ajustable one and i am unsure on were the marking is?

Yea..there is a mark on the crank pulley, look harder! AEM cam gear has four marks on it. Two across from each other that should be 'level' with the head, one should line up with the mark on the timing cover, and the other is straight in the middle with a circle that should be 'UP'. Not tryin' to be mean or anything but it sounds like you don't know what your doing so i'd take it somewhere to get it fixed...

Back