honda heads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

Today somone in my class told me his buddy has a type R head for sale for $150. He had no info on it but for $150 I could care less what it is since I could always sell it for way more. So he is gonna get some pics of it for me but that does me no good because I have no clue how to tell even if its a 1.6 or 1.8. If anyone has a link or somthing that would be sweet because i suck at teh searching.

if its still got the valve train, a quick look inside for the dual springs on the intake cam is an easy give away.

I was also told it has skunk2 valvetrain lol. I'm just gonna havr to wait and find out. Only thing he actualy knows for sure now is that it is a 1.8.

what happens if you pay 150 for the head and its bad?

tell him you need picutres, i think the head stamping on itr's sould be pr3-2 and on reg. b16's its pr3-3 or pr3-4 (my obd0 b16a head says pr3-4)

Quoted post[/post]]
what happens if you pay 150 for the head and its bad?

tell him you need picutres, i think the head stamping on itr's sould be pr3-2 and on reg. b16's its pr3-3 or pr3-4 (my obd0 b16a head says pr3-4)

I dont have to pay for it til he gives it to me. Its going to be an in person transaction not a shipping thing. Any other way and I would think its a scam.

the most obvious way to determine if its a b16 head or gsr head, on a b16 the coolant inlet is on the back of the head (intake side) gsr head, its on teh front (exhuast side)

Heads are not 1.6 or 1.8 the block is. The ITR/CTR head is the same as a B16A head with some slight improvements.

Back