honda help?? what egnines better how are they different

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timmyboy86

i'm looking at a 95 honda prelude with dual overhead cam and 5 speed for $1500 i was told it was a h22 engine or something like that is this a good engine or is a b18 or b16 better??? what does it take to get into the low 12's or even high 11's. can the heads benifet from any porting or would the gain be so little that it wouldn't be worth the effort?

that motor is a beast....11s in a pralude, well turbo is your only chance.....that car is heavy as shit... a port polish new cams, cold air intake exhaust and headers, will maby put you in or around mid 14s....

but as far as better then a b18 b16....all preferance when you are talking about a civic....there would be no pint to put a B series in a lude if that was what you were thinking....

ebay

well i was looking at a turbo kit on ebay!!:ph34r: I've ported heads before i have not problem buying an aftermarket intake but i'm just worried being known as a v8 guy that i'm gonna spend 15,000 to run 12.50 in the 1/4 mile.

15000 and id bee in the 9s..... probly better..

no if you spent a good 1500 on geting your block sleved, eagle H beam rods, forged pistons...i like weisco... Then you should get a set of stiffer springs some turbo cams, and a big turbo...id say a t4 of some sort...you could get in to the 11,s 12,s more realisticaly, but all depending on how long you want it to last, and how much power you want out of it.....

do not buy the ebay turbo kits..they are shit....the turbos dont hold up all the time, even with an oil restrictor...the ssautochrome manifolds normaly crack if youdont suport them well...
the ebay wastegates and bov,s are fine...but try and find a used turbo....

Homemadeturbo.com will have all the info you need...

Def not 15K. I would find out what motor is really in there first. The H23 and H22 look similar minus the Vtec on the valve cover ;) Either is fine to boost but the H22 would require some internal work right away to make a lot of power safely.

1995 Honda Prelude S MT 2809
1995 Honda Prelude S AT 2862
1995 Honda Prelude Si MT 2866
1995 Honda Prelude Si AT 2921
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC MT 2932

1994 Honda Accord EX CPE MT 2954
1994 Honda Accord EX CPE AT 3020
1994 Honda Accord LX CPE MT 2822
1994 Honda Accord LX CPE AT 2888

1994 Honda Accord DX Sedan MT 2800
1994 Honda Accord DX Sedan AT 2866
1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan MT 3009
1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan AT 3075
1994 Honda Accord LX Sedan MT 2877
1994 Honda Accord LX Sedan AT 2943

tell me one more time how that prelude is heavier than me by any significant amount? oh wait....my ex cpe is heavier than any of those preludes.....so please please tell me how that prelude is heavier than me

Last edited:
so in reality that lude is 22 lbs lighter than me....not like its going to make a difference but hey i am heavier....but according to you im not?

so in reality that lude is 22 lbs lighter than me....not like its going to make a difference but hey i am heavier....but according to you im not?

im not willing to cross ref your information...

but i think i just got pwnd:ph34r:

but in that case...i dont think you are running 14s......:rolleyes: with nearly stock........but what the fuck would i know...

im in the 14's...fastest pass was 14.85@ 93mph on street tires. the car had a few issues off the line (ie bogged it, bad 60ft due to crappy tires and a little too much throttle on my part etc) but other than that it was a good pass. ill see if i cant find a way to get my slips up here

im just giving ya a hard time... suspension itself can take off a sec or two in the 1/4.....it really makes a difrence...i wish i would have saved a little more up for the car im doing now....im going to have to waite a little while before i can do that....

:confused: okay well anyway sounds like to much work I don't see why you should have to sleeve a block right off the bat sound like poor casting. I think I'm just gonna stick with my small block v8 gets 11's cheaper. I don't see how it should cost 1500 to sleeve a 4 cyl anyway since i can sleev my v8 for less than 500 bucks:confused:

Back