1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honda oem thermostat vs. napa oem thermostat

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by m2slsvtec671, Jul 25, 2004.

1. m2slsvtec671

m2slsvtec671 Member

just wondering what yall think is better honda oem thermostat $30 and napa oem thermostat for $17... ???? peazz.. :D

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

30?

they are 11.65 at Hondaautomotiveparts.com, and will be around 15.55 at the dealer. Call up other dealers in your area. I have one in my area that always has more in stock, however, has yet to fail, is always $10 more the other dealer 10 miles away.

3. m2slsvtec671

m2slsvtec671 Member

yeah man honda here on guam is a rip off.... and dude its the only honda dealer on island... so yeah, i can get one from my sis place at seattle for the same price like about $15-$20 the most.. but i really need it... soo i was just wondering if i should goo for honda $30 or napa $17??? oh yeah just wondering whats the stock degree for the thermostat?? is it 180 degree or 190 degree?? thanks!!

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

well in that case, I would say go with OEM. When I did mine, I first bought one from autozone. The thing didn't fit right at all, and I ended up leaking all over. I then took it back and bought a OEM honda one, and the fit was perfect. Also, from what I have read, the OEM one seams to be most acurate (opens up at the right tempature).

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

shit more likne 7 bucks....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted