Honda outboard motors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
got this directly off the Honda Marine web page.

17.jpg

outboard motor for boats withh a 225hp VTEC engine...sic!!

heres the specs: http://www.honda-marine.com/mod200_225hp.htm

I don't get it, why would you want VTEC on an outboard motor? For economic uses on a boat? WTF?? To rev high? To be able to have a hot cam and still have fuel economy?

Stupid idea to me.

Only reason I would buy it would be to have a reliable motor, like my old man's honda lawnmower, reliability.

well i looked around some more on the Honda Marine site and seen that they sponsor some people that go fishing in salt water and fresh water. guess they make getting to the good fishing spot a bit faster.

well 4 stroke outbourd engines tend to be heavy so with vtec you can maximize ur hp/fuel economy
it makes perfect sense
and u would know what i mean if u had to fill up the boat with upwards of 100$ of fuel just for a day on the water

I would pimp that if I could afford like 15 grand on an engine. Those 225 are fucking huge. I wish my boat was fuel efficent. I use a gallon of gas each way getting in and out of my marina (15 minute drive at 4-5 mph, no wake zone). Then if I hit some choppy water or can't get the boat to plane out in the ocean I use a lot of fucking gas. If it was fuel efficent I could actually go pretty far and not have to worry about running out of gas.
That engine would own. I could only image 225hp in a boat that weighs 1100 pounds without engine/gear.

As an ex marine mechanic (not US military), I'd honestly say that as much as I like Honda products, I'd go with Mercury as my choice of nautical propulsion.

I like the idea of dual bigblocks =) Mmmmmmm
nothing like a 800+ HP boat hehhehehe

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 5 2003, 11:32 PM
As an ex marine mechanic (not US military), I'd honestly say that as much as I like Honda products, I'd go with Mercury as my choice of nautical propulsion.

Heck no.

Mercury/Merccruisers = shizit!

Johnson/Evinrude for me...

I have a I/O right now with a 4.6 Volvo engine and it F'n rocks!

I wouldn't mind picking up a newer mastercraft with either a LT1 engine or a Cadilac engine, they are pretty amazing

if you aren't rocking an inboard though you should deffinately have a dual prop lower unit, it makes a huge difference for getting out of the hole
especially if you are into water sports

i shoulda said i was reffering to slammed integra not trailer park pimp
hes the 1 that said economy in a boat is a stupid idea

but ye if i didnt care about economy id go for the mer 2 strokes
shitload of power and less weight

Back