Honda Rat Rod

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know- I just thought there was a reverse rotating VW transmission out there.

They're probably available... but they're transaxles. it sounds like to me he was wanting a separate trans and rear end.

When you said "transaxle" I was thinking a transverse mount... but you're right- they're still transaxles with the longitudinally mounted engine.

Originally posted by friz@Jan 19 2005, 06:47 PM
Guess it would have to be an f20 huh..
[post=448313]Quoted post[/post]​

F20C or F22C to be specific- the F20B won't work. You can also use any of the K series engines.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 18 2005, 07:59 PM-->
Originally posted by friz@Jan 18 2005, 10:02 PM
Celerity
@Jan 18 2005, 07:49 PM
It's very easy to adapt engines for RWD transmissions.  The bell housing is approximately the same size as the Mazda RX-7 trans.

-> Steve
[post=447721]Quoted post[/post]​

I really don't want to have to build a custom bell housing....Does any one make a conversion bellhousing for this setup?
[post=447724]Quoted post[/post]​

this is where the small detail of the damn honda engines spinning in the opposite direction of all other engines ends up fucking you in the ass.... if you were able to get an adapter plate made up you would have 5(or 6) gears in reverse and 1 forward :thumbsdown:
[post=447751]Quoted post[/post]​

as was stated flipping the diff works but also rember you can make an engine run backwards without a lot of work

Another reason I wanted the B is that it can be OBD1. I don't know much about the F20Cs electricals. Can it be converted to OBD1?

bahaha no way.

Someone put an F20C in an AE86 and apparently it was a 10k+ project.

Put an SR20det in that bitch, right look :thumbsup:, plenty of potential :thumbsup:, aftermarket support :thumbsup:, bolts and can be adapted to normal transmissions :thumbsup:

Another thing to consider about a small engined powered "Rat Rod".. With a V8 or V6 you'll still get great economy. It's got no weight to carry around !

When I was doing V8 swaps in Blazers, my trucks were getting or same (with big power increases) gas economy because the driver didn't need to flood the float bowls (Or push 45 psi out of the rail) to make the thing move.. Smaller engines do consume less fuel per revolution, but if it takes twice the revolution to make it move - Then where does that get you ?

-> Steve

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes+Jan 19 2005, 08:13 PM-->
@Jan 19 2005, 02:05 PM
:thumbsup:
Brain's been in "Honda-mode" too long.
[post=448072]Quoted post[/post]​

you should put your brain into "mini-trucker mode" :)
[post=448370]Quoted post[/post]​

I've been doing that- but I just can't get "sparks" "bags" "notches" and "d00g excessive negative camber iz coo y0" to compute to anything useful in my head. :lol:

Originally posted by Celerity@Jan 20 2005, 12:45 PM
Another thing to consider about a small engined powered "Rat Rod".. With a V8 or V6 you'll still get great economy. It's got no weight to carry around !

When I was doing V8 swaps in Blazers, my trucks were getting or same (with big power increases) gas economy because the driver didn't need to flood the float bowls (Or push 45 psi out of the rail) to make the thing move.. Smaller engines do consume less fuel per revolution, but if it takes twice the revolution to make it move - Then where does that get you ?

-> Steve
[post=448759]Quoted post[/post]​

I concur, I am not sure which way the NSX motor spins, but I would look into that. Personally I think it would be dope if you got a Tundra or Titan motor in a rat rod, although they are probably too big. It is going to take a bunch of rpm to get the thing to move the way you want it too. I personally would just go with a Small block Chevy motor, but that is me.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 20 2005, 04:11 PM-->
Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jan 19 2005, 08:13 PM
Calesta
@Jan 19 2005, 02:05 PM
:thumbsup:
Brain's been in "Honda-mode" too long.
[post=448072]Quoted post[/post]​

you should put your brain into "mini-trucker mode" :)
[post=448370]Quoted post[/post]​

I've been doing that- but I just can't get "sparks" "bags" "notches" and "d00g excessive negative camber iz coo y0" to compute to anything useful in my head. :lol:
[post=448773]Quoted post[/post]​

pick up the following magazines:

MiniTruckin'
Street Trucks
Tailgate

check out these sites:

layinbody.com
ministyle.com
streetsourcemag.com

join: minitrucks@yahoogroups.com

all that should help you become more of a mini-trucker Mike :D

Status