Honda Rocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

project_egO

hey guys, i've been browsing this site for a while but never actually joined. Anyways, the other day my friend was driving his prelude and out of nowhere, the revs started dying, and the exhaust shot this out, numerous pieces. Anyways, it looks like part of the cat, I was just wondering if any of you have ever seen anything like this and maybe could explain what caused it. If it matters the car is a 1997, with about 200k on it. I apologize if the image is extremely large, im new to this stuff.

p.s - these coals were hot red!

Attachments

• HondabeltchImg_1484.jpg
    HondabeltchImg_1484.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 93
There is a very good chance that could be part of the cat. Before I had a downpipe and boost one of my cats disentegrated like that and my car would not rev out because the exhaust was so blocked. Take it out at shake it, if you hear shit rattling around throw it away. Get a new one or make a test pipe. If your car is newer then 96 dont go for the test pipe because the ecu will usually throw a catalytic converter enifiency code.

Back