Honda SUT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda is not going to change their corporate agenda because of a letter even if you have 10,000 signatures on it. there is only one thing that WILL make them change....$$$$$$$$!!!! until they are desperately in need of a new approach, they are just gonna laugh at that.

now that i think about it, the srt-4 was a parts bin car...they already had the motor, already had the turbo, already had everything, all dodge needed to do was put it in the neon. honda doesnt have any turbo parts, so they would have to do a whole redesign of the motor and other things.... right?

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jan 18 2004, 01:54 PM
now that i think about it, the srt-4 was a parts bin car...they already had the motor, already had the turbo, already had everything, all dodge needed to do was put it in the neon. honda doesnt have any turbo parts, so they would have to do a whole redesign of the motor and other things.... right?

Well they do have the turbo Accord prototype, so it looks like a turbo is in the works.

About the letter, think about it guys... This is multi-billion dollar global corporation. A freakin' letter will do nothing.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jan 19 2004, 01:47 AM-->
Seany-izzle
@Jan 18 2004, 01:54 PM

Well they do have the turbo Accord prototype, so it looks like a turbo is in the works.

About the letter, think about it guys... This is multi-billion dollar global corporation. A freakin' letter will do nothing.

There is a Civic TDI on top of that, not to mention the old Beat turbo, and the experimentail turbo Legend.

sportlinecrx Posted on Jan 18 2004, 08:12 PM ]Honda is not going to change their corporate agenda because of a letter even if you have 10,000 signatures on it. there is only one thing that WILL make them change....$$$$$$$$!!!! until they are desperately in need of a new approach, they are just gonna laugh at that.

True, but think about all the people that have purchased EVO's, STi's, and SRT-4's, I bet a LARGE percent of those have owned a Honda, thought about it, but Honda didn't have what they wanted, or the Type R's are just not enough. If Honda had put the money into a model like Loco is talking about, than it would probably looking up the business end of a large cash cow.

i'm glad that honda is finally considering goin' after the truck market. not too impressed by that attempt though :shrug2: .

In response to Loco's petition:
That sounds like a really good idea. I won't speculate on how effective it will be, but we've got nothing to lose. But I think if honda started making a new car with 60 more hp, 350 less lbs, and a price $9500 less than the s2000's, sales of the s2000 would drop to nearly zero. Although the s2000 would still have the drop top going for it - I'm guessing your proposal would be a hard top. In fact, they could make it a 2-seat hatchback and call it the new CRX!

For the letter:

Why don't you just make a sticky forum, and let everyone post there, Then also redirect people to this site to that forum, then B can get some new members that didn't know of the site already. Also that would stop anyone from modifying it, and before you sent it you could just make it into one e-mail/letter.

For the idea of the car:

I do not think that honda would be willing to take their "top of the line sports car" and make it into a more affordable, and none the less more hp car...if they did that they would more than not, mark up the price of the s2000....IMHO

Originally posted by Sobe_Death@Jan 20 2004, 02:33 AM
honda doesnt have any turbo parts, so they would have to do a whole redesign of the motor and other things.... right?

anyone familiar with the City Turbo? great car for its time.

Or the Civic 1.7 CTDI 100hp and 162 lb-ft. Sure it's diesel, but they have turbos :)

Well it's a big company, and the s2000 is an already reputabble car, but we got nothing to lose and i want a RWD honda :rant: without having to sell my house... where do i sign? :unsure:

Back