Honda trade 4 my ranger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8secHonda

Ok i have a nice 98 ford ranger 4x4 xlt , seen a honda accord 96 model i was thinking bout trading... the guy wanna give me 3000 for my ranger n he wants 4400 for the accord...

the car is very very clean inside looks like a one owner car..
flaws i found or not really flaws but point of interest so to speak..

the car has over 240000 miles on it .. chk engine light is on idles sorta rough, think this is caused by the intake boot cracked, has slight oil leak looks to be coming from the valve cvr. and its automatic (yuck). tranny shifts hard every shift... my ? is yall think thats a good trade?

i owe like 1080 on my ttruck so ill owe the guy like 2500.... what yall think?:confused:

An accord with 240k is all but done. It isn't worth $500 with a shit transmission in it. Keep looking. Be patient.

thats what i was thinkin too but wasnt sure.. they prolly nvr serviced the tranny either.. i know hondas last long long time but thats lotsa miles on it though.. i wish i could find a b18a1 head for my acura cheaper than 278 bucks lol. not bad price but i not workin n drawin pennies dont pay much lol

Search around, you can get a head cheaper than that.

B18a/b heads are not that elusive. Plenty of people have them laying around because of LS/VTEC set-ups.

oh ok i dont understand the vtec craze. i had a honda civic w a 1.6 w a si cam and apexi.. i was burning all my friends vtec in the 1/8.. even smoked a new honda civic si .. lol

He should be asking about $1,500 for that car. I sold my stick-shift EX 94 Accord that was in great shape a few years back for $2,500, so there's no way in hell this car is worth $4,400. Tell the dude he's on crack...

A 1996 240k accord with a bum auto transmission is worth $1500??

How? Why? Its a $500 beater.. I don't care if its shiny.

I wouldn't buy that accord with anybody elses money, let alone mine. Unless I fell down and found an envelope with a few hundred in it. Even then I could find a better car.

dont sell the Ranger.

(God...please forgive me for saying this) lift that Ranger up into the air. i have a Ranger (see the thread titles: project LEMON LAID). maybe that will give you some inspiration to work on it.

dont sell the Ranger.

(God...please forgive me for saying this) lift that Ranger up into the air. i have a Ranger (see the thread titles: project LEMON LAID). maybe that will give you some inspiration to work on it.

thats bad ass dude i hear droppin the rangers was expensive as hell..... i decided to keep my ranger - kinda proud of it , i pulled out a big full size diesel dodge today it was sittin on the frame few tugs n had him out ... wish i had my cam w me to document lol

yeah Rangers are a bit more to lower but since yours has control arms and mine has ibeams, yours is cheaper and easier to lower than mine is. are you on RPS?

mine is 4x4 i would lift it but i done that w my old truck 86 ranger n i lost traction alot of traction. RPS? the ranger station forum? im on there but havent been on in awhile maybe over 6 mths

oh dang i read it wrong. ill chk that website out. wow bagged a 4x4 dropped? i bet that was awesome as hell man. i had a nissan i was gonna drop n put bags on it but the system was like 1500 and i couldnt afford that or find any cheaper... so i just slammed it

oh ok i dont understand the vtec craze. i had a honda civic w a 1.6 w a si cam and apexi.. i was burning all my friends vtec in the 1/8.. even smoked a new honda civic si .. lol
Because this is the of statement of a 16 year old kid who just got there license and first car .

Last edited:
Because this is the statement of a 16 year old kid who just got there license and first car.

what? didnt know u could tell age by what a msg said, besides that msg is true, i have driven vtec cars n didnt notice anything special about them, by that msg i ment for someone to explain the vtec and why alot of people worshp them..

Back