Honda Trivia

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was under the impression that acura was a honda... i mean... i lift the hood of my integra and what's in there? A HONDA.

to me, it's just like the saying 'a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square'

i think i'm just being a pain in the ass... but it is a honda isn't it? he does get credit from me, that would have been my answer.

not sure of the engine code, but I'm assuming the 1972 honda civic engine.

the honda ascot and the vigor are the same car. Same thing just use a different name, he asked specifically what HONDA car came with a 5 banger. If he had asked what Acura car came with a 5 cylinder than his answer would have been legitimet and would pertain to the original question.

Either way, he's right and wrong at the same time.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jan 12 2004, 02:46 PM
Q: this motor was only put into one car in the honda vehicle line.
What motor and what car?

I am going to change my answer to the b17... but if it is only in the honda line I am going to say the a20, although that is probably wrong.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 12 2004, 02:49 PM
not sure of the engine code, but I'm assuming the 1972 honda civic engine.

that wasn't the one I was thinking of. Maybe I should say, "honda that doesn't belong in some museum somewhere." And I should emphasize what everyone else is saying here. ACURA = HONDA

There are a couple different answers for that question, please be more specific, becasue again the only honda/Acura that came with the 5 cylinder was the Vigor/Ascot

Originally posted by driver1@Jan 12 2004, 11:57 PM
b18c1 integra gsr......

Nope, there is an Europeon variant in the civic 1.8 VTi, B18C4.

Anyone seen the new Civic CTDI?

The one I was thinking was the 92-93 gsrs and the b17a blocks. I have never seen the b17 in anything else.the newer gsr's have a distinct head, but the motor is the same series as that in the type r. The b20s have come in preludes and crv's, granted they're about ten years of R&D apart.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 12 2004, 02:59 PM
There are a couple different answers for that question, please be more specific, becasue again the only honda/Acura that came with the 5 cylinder was the Vigor/Ascot

Wrong, the 2.5 TL came with the five cylinder.

Back