Honda Trivia

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Jan 12 2004, 05:52 PM-->
MikeBergy
@Jan 12 2004, 02:46 PM
Q: this motor was only put into one car in the honda vehicle line.
What motor and what car?

I am going to change my answer to the b17... but if it is only in the honda line I am going to say the a20, although that is probably wrong.

The A20 was in the 86-89 Accord and the 84-87 Prelude 2.0si. in 86-87 the engine was designated BS or BT, for carbed or EFI respectively. The engine's only had minor changes in the 88-89 Accord line... a bump in CR, dual stage intake manifold and a stock 4-2-1 tri-y exhaust manifold setup. However under it all the engine remained virtually the same.

The A18 was in the carbed version of the 2nd gen Prelude, but I'm not sure where else though...

when did a honda motor make more torque than horsepower?

What Honda is equipped with the L series engine?

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 12 2004, 08:37 PM-->
Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Jan 12 2004, 06:53 PM
92civicb18b1
@Jan 12 2004, 06:30 PM
I actually wouldn't mind owning one and keeping it in prestine condition, maybe it would have collectors value later down the road. But driving one, I don't know about that.

welll ummm it wasnt very old when i had it :ph34r:

damn your old :ph34r:

actually mine was a 1980 accord hatchback and it was already a few years old when i got it...but it was in mint condition and i kept it that way until one night when i spun out in the rain and smashed the back end into a utility pole :(

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Jan 12 2004, 05:53 PM-->
Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Jan 12 2004, 02:52 PM
MikeBergy
What motor and what car?

My guess would be the insight??

:D wrong
that engine is in the hybrid civic too, and the IMAS concept

actuallay you where wrong sir.......the insight had a three cylinder, the hybrid had a four cylinder........both considered hybrids but different......

Originally posted by jbones1.8+Jan 13 2004, 09:19 PM-->
Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jan 12 2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Jan 12 2004, 02:52 PM
MikeBergy
What motor and what car?

My guess would be the insight??

:D wrong
that engine is in the hybrid civic too, and the IMAS concept

actuallay you where wrong sir.......the insight had a three cylinder, the hybrid had a four cylinder........both considered hybrids but different......

Doesn't really matter anyway, as it is a whack question with several answers, there is no one single motor that was only used in one model.

B17A1 from the GSR
F23B from the Odyessy (could be mistaken one this one.)
Whatever motor is in the Turbo Z
The new Civic CTDI motor I don't believe has made it into anything else yet either.

Back