honda vs. 240

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iamane12d

which would u choose...im asking because i really like hondas... but im not sure if honda performance could reach my perfomance goal... and plus i "think" that the sr20det would have more potential of hitting 12's....and plus... mostly all hondas are FWD and the 240 has RWD which is a huge advantage at draggin... and just in case u guyz are still wondering what my goal is... its to enough to hit flat 13's or 12.8's to be specific

um...ok...

You don't think a B16 Civic SI or a B18C Teg could hit 12s in the quarter mile? <_<

FWD cars can do good 1/4 mile times. Lots of pro stock or whatever dragsters are FWD.

ive owned both.

stock for stock, i dont see ANY USDM civic being able to take any DOHC 240sx. the new Si has a chance but im not sure. the SOHC 240sx isn't a great platform to start off with anyways.

it also depends on which generation you want. i myself prefer the s14, but i had an 89. ive also owned 3 different hondas.

in everyday driving, my civic was much better to drive. it was smaller and a bit easier to handle in traffic.

on the highway however, the 240 was the winner. its so nice not having to downshift to bring your speed up. you could drive onto the highway and stay in fifth from 45mph and up and i could have still outpulled my honda (downshifting even). the 240 also rides alot better (even on cheapo shocks and radials!).

i stuck with FWD, but my girl drives the 240sx now. its not too much faster than my mirage, which is faster than my civic.

Good question man! I do not know what I would go with. I know that the Nissan engines are cheaper than Hondas so if $ was an issue I would go with Nissan.

I would still go with Honda b/c they are more tech. advanced (Nissans 2.4=140 hp/ while Hondas 1.8=140+hp & better yet honda's 1.6=160hp and 2.0=240hp)

The mods on Hondas are also cheaper and easier to install

Also think about weight...In some cases weight=hp...I know for a fact that there are a lot of Hondas that weigh less then the 240.

I thought about buying a 240 once...but I figured I can get a lot more out of a Honda. Also being pro Honda does'nt help.

Hope this help!

I would have to go with the Honda, just because of the weight, makes up for the rear wheel drive, IMO. You may not have as good a launch, but you MPH should be a lot quicker.

the 240 hatchy weighs in at ~2500lbs, that is just around the weight of a tegra.

fuck honda, 240 baby..

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 27 2003, 12:56 PM
the 240 hatchy weighs in at ~2500lbs, that is just around the weight of a tegra.

fuck honda, 240 baby..

Most Honda's weigh less than 2500. My Honda only weighs 2100!! Wasn't talking about tegs!

So Fuck Nissan!
[
[
[
[
[
[
Except for the Skyline
and the Spec V or if you like to drift then the 240 is where you want to be :D

Well I have a 97 civic dx and I'm looking to do an engine swap next summer. My girl just got her SR20det swap done this past August and her car is hella fast. The nissan engines are a lot cheaper but hard as hell to find (she was put on a waiting list). Her swap cost approx $8,000 with upgrades (she took it to a shop to be done right although she could probably do it herself since she knows EVERYTHING about that engine). She is estimated at having close to 300 hp (not sure about how much to the wheels). The swap I was looking at B18 is around $3500 just for the engine and that doesn't include the turbo I would want to add. Her's (obviously) comes stock with the turbo. I would say get a 240sx and get the swap but if you are looking to get a car you can add quick mods to without spending the dough on a swap get a honda. The stock 240 has 155hp and the stock Si has 160hp, of course I have a DX that only had 106hp but I've added the basics to be up there at least with the stock 240sx.

Back