Honda vtec ecu problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bill96

I'm putting a 1995 vtec engine in a 1993 Accord. I've heard that a Civic ECU will work with the wiring harness in the Accord. Any input!!!

your going to have to be a little more specific on what motor is going in, then we can point you in the direction of the correct ecu

Why would you use a Civic ECU on an Accord engine? The Civic engine is a 1.6, the Accord's engine is a 2.2. The fuel maps on the Civic's ECU aren't going to be ideal for the larger Accord engine. You need to just use the appropriate ECU for the motor you plan on using...

Why would you need a whole wiring harness? You're swapping in an OBD1 F22 for an OBD1 F22. All you'll need to so is add wiring for VTEC. And I don't know where you're looking for ECUs, but check the "For Sale" section down at the bottom of the main page here, and check Craigslist, E-Bay and any local tuner forums for your area. These aren't that hard to find...

Checked scrapyards around here, I'll try E-Bay .

The car is a 93 accord, the motor is a 94-95 f22b2 vtec, so I need a ecu out of a 94 accord for a vtec and a manual tranny. Am I heading in the right direction Brutalb83 ?? It's going into a race car.

Last edited:
Back