Honda VTEC Engine in a Geo Metro??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgerb0

I have a 1992 Geo Metro, and after putting a body kit and supin' it up, I realize that Honda VTEC power would be the best solution. Does anyone know of or even heard of this being possible? And if so, how much is really involved and what do I need to accomplish this? Feedback would be great, thanks!

That doesn't help me a-hole. Unless you have something important to say, you should rather keep your fingers tied. I'm being serious here, and YES, you can supe up a Metro, it's the same as a Suzuki swift, Firefly, or a Sprint. Unfortunately, coming across a Suzuki G16B or G13B is like coming across the Holy Grail. Not looking for negativity here. I like Hondas, and trust me, if I wasn't using this car as a project, I'd buy a Honda. So gimme a break here. Honda engines are sweet, and they're damn reliable, that's why I want to use one.

it will most likely be too costly. You would be better off selling the geo and getting a honda to start off with. You will end having to fabricate mounts, prolly have trouble lining up a tranny, axles, basically you will end up with a geo body on a honda.

if you can weld, use a volt/ohm meter, it can be done.

custom mounts, cusotm axles, custom shift linkage, 100% re-wire of the car, your dash will probably never work again, and i could go on and on.

I say go for it. It'll certainly be a sleeper. Besides, those things weigh like 1800 pounds. It'll be ugly as hell, so just go all the way and completely gut it.

People have been known to drop chevy small blocks in Geos. I saw one a couple years ago on a lift kit. It sounded like a beast and it hauled ass. Power to weight ratios all the way. Thats why you'd sup up a metro. I'd look into chevy swaps. A Geo is just a rebadged chevy anyway.

Originally posted by timEspeed@Oct 22 2003, 10:26 AM
A Geo is just a rebadged chevy anyway.

Not really. The Geo brand is currently dead, and all GM ever did was buy cars from other companies and put the Geo nameplate on them.

Storm = Isuzu Impulse
Tracker = Suzuki Sidekick
Prizm = Toyota Corolla
Metro = Suzuki Swift

They're definitely not Chevys.

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 22 2003, 12:49 PM-->
timEspeed
@Oct 22 2003, 10:26 AM

Not really. The Geo brand is currently dead, and all GM ever did was buy cars from other companies and put the Geo nameplate on them.

Storm = Isuzu Impulse
Prizm = Toyota Corolla
Metro = Suzuki Swift

why would they do that for? is there much profit to be made in buying another companies car and reselling it?

I think it would be a really good idea. You would have to somehow make it fit the engine bay. That would be the worst part. But c'mon, a metro weighs 1600 lbs on full interior!!!!!! that's nothing!!!!! strip the interior, and you have an all out-drag car.

Somewhat, just to fill holes in their own product line. Who is more brand conscious than us Americans? You don't see Acura, Lexus, Infinite etc in Japan or anywhere else in the world... there aren't any tiny cars in GM's lineup like the old Geo brand, so they had to create one.

ok so I was wrong. What about a *gasp* mustang */gasp* v6 in a ford aspire? thats like a metro. kinda...

Originally posted by dok@Oct 22 2003, 03:18 PM
why would any one want a geo if i had that car i would burn it for insure $$

Fuck you cockwhore.

I had a 91 Geo Metro and 50 mpg city was fucking badass. I loved that car, and I had planned on doing an engine swap that's said below...

There's a JDM Sprint turbo motor out there you can swap in there and get more power than a B16 and use the stock mounting points. It'd also be about 10 times easier than a B16.

The power levels you'd achieve would blow anybody's mind though. You'd go from an 1,808 pound car with a 1.0L carbuerated 3 cylinder producing 55 hp and 58 torque, whilest running 17 seconds 0-60, yes...17 seconds 0-60, not quarter mile.... :roll: To 160 hp and 111 torque, & you'd probably could get that car running some lovely low 15s with that much power in a light ass car. You would definitely need a new manual tranny, as the stock one in the Geo only revs to 15 mph in first gear, and you'd need bigger tires (stockers are 12s I believe) :eek:

Think of what you could do if you turbo'd that B16 though.....12 second Geo Metro ridin on 17s :blink: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Everyone would ph34r you. :ph34r:

is it a four door? cuz then you get the 4 cylinder...that can withstand about 16-18 psi. id say swap the four door in your two door, if that is what you have, strip it down and boost the shit out of it. 200hp in that little tiny thing, youll fly! seriously, look into boost for it.

Originally posted by aphex301@Oct 22 2003, 11:42 PM
Oh, boy.....

lol.

Is this your car?

VTEC GEO

:lmao:

That's a Geo Storm, tard.

He's talking about a Geo METRO.

This is the car I had:

004716-E.jpg

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 3
Base Engine Size: 1 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 3
Horsepower: 55 hp
Max Horsepower: 5700 rpm
Torque: 58 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3300 rpm
Drive Type: FWD
Turning Circle: 30.2 ft.

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 22 2003, 05:49 PM-->
timEspeed
@Oct 22 2003, 10:26 AM

Storm = Isuzu Impulse
Prizm = Toyota Corolla
Metro = Suzuki Swift

Chevy did buy out Geo in 97 though, and You do see Chevy Metro's riding around. (at least I do anyway...) they're bubblier versions of the metro I put in the pic above. Other than that you're pretty much right :)

Chevrolet didn't buy out Geo- General Motors just made the decision to shut down the brand name and to consolidate Geo's lineup with Chevrolet. It was definitely later than 1997 too.

Ok so they shut it down... consolidation, buying out and using the model names, same thing. ;)

1997 was the last year Geo made any car under it's own name, at least that's the last year Edmunds has quoted for a used car review of any Geo car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back