Honda XGA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se..._number=5#honda

Honda XGA
A new type of sports car.

The internal name given to the S2000's replacement is XGA. We had thought all along that the XGA would be a 4-door sports car showcasing Honda's SH-AWD system used in the RL and its advanced hybrid technology (remember the Dual Note concept car?). Well, now we're hearing the company is leaning toward producing a coupe based on the RL platform, but equipping it with either the V-8 or V-10 for the NSX replacement.

Honda will surely equip the luxury coupe with its SH-AWD system, creating a car that would match up with the likes of the Nissan GT-R. If the XGA and the next NSX make it to production as we foresee, it would mean that all of Honda's sporty cars would be awd. Could Honda be trying to redefine the classic sports-car formula, and change the way we think about sports cars and awd? It's a definite possibility because Honda has expressed that much confidence in the capabilities of its SH-AWD.

The XGA will be front engine and look quite different from the RL, and it may go head-to-head with the GT-R. A hint of its styling may be seen in the Sports4 Concept shown at the Tokyo Motor Show.

While it's still too early to tell when this car will be available, we're sure that Honda is hard at work to reestablish its image as one of the world's leading sports-car makers. It shouldn't be long after the end of the S2000's run that we'll start seeing exciting new stuff from this technology-driven company.

wow awd honda, not bad, and the nsx replacement suppose to have around 450 to 500 hp, nice cant wait to see what it looks like

i just posted a little while ago that honda anounced a v10 coming as soon as 08.
v10 awd sport coupe :ph34r:

What in the hell are they talking about redefining sports cars?

Mitsu already did it years ago with the DSM AWD.
Mitsu now has the Evo
Subaru has the WRX, WRX STi, and Impreza s203/s204
Porsche has awd cars
Audi has the S4 thats now AWD and a V8
BMW has X-drive

Basically, honda and toyota are the last on the bandwagon. This isn't anything new, except to Honduh.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
is it supposed to be like the mdx?
no, its not a sport ute. its higher than the s2k, and below the former nsx.

But it will no doubt outperform the NSX. I read about it on S2ki last week. I'm surprised that nobody else posted it here- I didn't because I thought people were already talking about it. Oh well. I still think it's sweet. Now I just have to know if I can bolt that 3L into my S2k.

Quoted post[/post]]Could Honda be trying to redefine the classic sports-car formula, and change the way we think about sports cars and awd? It's a definite possibility because Honda has expressed that much confidence in the capabilities of its SH-AWD.
:laugh:

I think they are just now figuring out how awd works...... spent so damn long making awesome heads that the rest of the car went to shit.

Thats cool.... but FAAAAR from new.

Quoted post[/post]]
What in the hell are they talking about redefining sports cars?

Mitsu already did it years ago with the DSM AWD.
Mitsu now has the Evo
Subaru has the WRX, WRX STi, and Impreza s203/s204
Porsche has awd cars
Audi has the S4 thats now AWD and a V8
BMW has X-drive

Basically, honda and toyota are the last on the bandwagon. This isn't anything new, except to Honduh.

the "redifining" isn't simply AWD, it's the "SH" which stands for "Super-Handling." it pushes power to the outside wheels while turning to acheive better control. the prelude had "SH" for 97-01. i'm not sure if any other manufacturers are doing the same thing, but honda is really publicizing their system

Quoted post[/post]]the "redifining" isn't simply AWD, it's the "SH" which stands for "Super-Handling." it pushes power to the outside wheels while turning to acheive better control. the prelude had "SH" for 97-01. i'm not sure if any other manufacturers are doing the same thing, but honda is really publicizing their system
...........most awd drives tranfer power. Its called a limited slip diff. :p

Back